What is next for the Marvel movies?

A Thank You To The Marvel Cinematic Universe

Cue Avengers soundtrack.

20

I've grown up watching the MCU ever since X-Men came out in 2000. (I watched it in like 2008 along with the first Iron-Man).

That being said, I have had a hard time dealing with Endgame.

I think it was the greatest movie ever made. I cried, hyperventilated, and yes, I clapped at the end of the movie.

Now I give no spoilers for all my friends who have not had the privilege of seeing it yet though I have seen it twice already, I must say I will give great homage to the movies past.

Many people have different reasons why they like certain "fandoms". My dad is a huge superhero fan especially the MCU and while I was growing up I watched all sorts of movies under that category.

This included all the Avengers movies, X-Men, the original Teen Titans, 'I Am Number Four', the Fantastic Four, etc. He got me on that train from the moment I could understand.

Ever year that a new MCU or Fox movie came out we would watch it together and debrief what was good, bad and everything in between. We analyzed every detail about the movie possible. You could say we are nerds or experts on the subject of heroes.

When outsiders hear me and my dad talk about it they are more than likely confused by the fact that we have so much knowledge.

My YouTube search history, T-shirts, action figures, and Netflix list can prove that I am definitely a fan and so seeing this last film really shocked me.

Now I still have Dark Phoenix to watch and it looks promising but there is something different about the Avengers. The storyline for X-Men is great and their powers are so much more interesting compared to the Avengers, but the eleven-year plotline leading up to Endgame cannot be beat and so the MCU has my heart.

For those who have seen the movie, you know how it is unless you are one of those fakes who just went to say you went, we thank you for the money you gave to the universe but do not say you are a fan. But for those who went and can relate to the above, my heart is with you and I love you guys 3000.

For those who haven't seen the movie, enjoy. It really is good, and appreciate the last in the series. This eleven-year buildup is massive and accumulates to down one incredible ending. Though parting with it is sad and I cried the following day.

MCU, thank you for the movies and memories you have given me and yes, I plan on buying the DVD ASAP.