Marketing strategies for SMEs

Marketing strategies for SMEs

Managing a growing company, startup or SME today can be an extremely complex task. You and your team must conquer a place within the saturated global market where the ultimate resource is reputation.

35
Marketing strategies for SMEs

After establishing a website and direct communication channels with the public (social networks), you've probably had a first approach with terms such as native advertising, social pay or newsletters, as described in this article written by GoodNoon However, such subjects cover only the surface of what is a US $100 billion industry, the digital marketing.

That leads us the specific subject of today's post: If large companies have astronomical budgets and a considerable commercial advantage over the SME, is there a similar formula for rising businesses to maximize their ROI and stand out from the competition? The answer is YES.

Twitter First Quarterly Results Exceeds Expectations at $787M- Read More

Even though the numbers reached by small businesses and PYMES are lower than corporate giants, it is possible for you to optimize your brand's presence in the digital means and start generating buzz. Achieving these goals isn't limited to obtaining more organic traffic for your Website, but also getting users to find what they're looking for - causing a positive user experience and loyalty.

With that being said, if you want to experience what digital marketing has to offer to your brand or company, like placing the solution among those on the top and opening spaces for dialogue, you need to implement a Digital Strategy.

Digital strategy phases can be summarized into the brand's distinct requirements

We can compile the marketing action plan for SMEs in two fundamental pillars: value content creation and search engine optimization.

The first is to associate your brand with relevant narratives based on the behavior and needs of the audience and the nature of your solution - which will attract potential customers - while the second works as its main complement, where the product or service is positioned betting on an SEO strategy.

It should be noted that for the latter, experts recommend professional support - such as PR firms and agencies- to secure the effectiveness of its methods and continuous development since this practice is the foundation on which the portal is built.

Content marketing is king in its own environment

As I suggested earlier, the first step to consolidating your brand's reputation is the content generation, which should enhance the company's credibility compared to rival services. And the way to create engagement and traffic of potential clients to your Web portal is through the backlinks.

Backlinking strategies are often used by Media Publis experts, where, on behalf of the brand, they publish an article or blog post tackling a common problem or series of questions in target audiences;Thus, offering a customized solution. As it has been exposed by news portals like CMO, this tactic has exhibited great success rates for many companies, because the specialized media can offer unprecedented data about its community and encourage a psychographic coincidence.

On the other hand, engagement and reach are usually considered to be opposed KPIs, because although traffic controllers in the domain generate a more significant commitment than paid social amplification, they offer a higher scope. Nevertheless, I have found that these two elements can coexist in the same strategy and generate amazing results.

It turns out the most effective marketing campaigns are those that follow a media division of 50% in paid social networks and 50% in domain media, created an "optimal standard" content, where the brand achieves both engagement and scope.

Also, although brands are often attracted to the editorial social managers of the media for organic promotion, payment in social networks - accessible to all types of companies - actually offers an interesting scale and targeting capabilities.

I also want to emphasize that starting your plan with advertising campaigns focused on the generation of prospects or online sales, will also require that from the entire team to provide online attention to the possible future customers, so it is important to have an expert entity or organization to contribute with its experience.

In an environment of content overload where the average consumer is exposed to up to 10,000 brand messages a day, creativity and risk-taking are necessary to make your product stand out, but the brands that want to innovate must allow space in the budget to achieve it.

Don't worry, the digitalization has also made available excellent solutions that will suit your requirements and budget.

SEO Positioning is more relevant than ever

The development of search engine algorithms made SEO now a multi-channel field, which combines different elements of digital marketing in a single strategy. Nowadays, part of the primary aspects of SEO strategies is the User Experience (UX).

Regardless of what your team is writing about, it's important to know the search terms that your target audience is using on Google. Additionally, the key to building and sustaining organic traffic is to get to know the best SEO tools available.

Nowadays there are many options in the market, which makes it difficult to define where to start or determine whether or not to use private software to do the SEO analysis. Of course, it all will depend on the resources you count on and the partnerships you've made.

If you want to direct the tactics, you need to understand the add-ons that used to perform keyword monitoring and change the strategy as the Google algorithm does. Some of the tools to be utilized are:

●Google Keyword Planner: This tool finds keywords and metrics. First, you put the words related to your industry, and it will present a list of suggested keywords that include monthly searches, cost-per-click estimates, and competition.

Then, you can use the tool to compare analytics of the keywords, followed by the number of impressions and clicks in 30 days margin, regarding a specific audience. It also shows you how much it would cost. Of course, the main objective of optimizing your SEO is to avoid paying for ads but knowing the costs can be quite useful, especially when calculating how much you could save if you do an SEO optimization strategy.

●Ubersuggest: It allows you to obtain information about keywords or domains without the need to invest in an SEO tool. It begins presenting the volume of a keyword, the average cost per click, and the difficulty in positioning it. It also suggests long tail words and the best-positioned site with the word you entered.

If you enter a URL in Ubersuggest, it will show you the organic traffic of the site and the keywords with which it positions, in addition to quantifying the number of backlinks and recording the evolution of SEO optimization in a website.

Conclusion

I hope this post has been helpful for you and your partners to implement a marketing strategy according to your business model.

Don't forget that to achieve good results today, you need more than just the large content created following the rules of SEO on-page. It is crucial that that content can interest and satisfy the needs and intentions of the visitors.