The Anti-Science Of Creation Science

The Anti-Science Of Creation Science

On mammoths, dinosaurs, and "Creation Science."

9
The Anti-Science Of Creation Science

Okay, so I know that a lot of people scrutinize Donald Trump. Now, as good and fine as that is, a lot of people don't look at his running mate, Mike Pence. For those who are completely unaware of what his background is, allow me to sum up his core beliefs: He is a huge advocate for creation science in schools. Now. what is creation science, one may ask? Well, essentially it is the "interpretation of scientific knowledge in accord with belief in the literal truth of the Bible, especially regarding the creation of matter, life and humankind in six days." Yes, yes. I can already hear the "But we already know you're an atheist, why should you care what someone else believes?" Good question. And my answer is simple: HE WANTS TO PUT THIS IN AMERICAN PUBLIC SCHOOLS! Children should be learning what they may actually use in life: reading, writing, math, science, history, creative expression, shop, dance, etc. The only purpose of creation science is to teach children about the Judeo-Christian God. Which, if you were going to Catholic School (or another Christian based school), would be totally okay. But since this is proposed for public school, I would have to say no way.

Now that that's out of the way, allow me to say that creation science is an oxymoron. Science is essentially a method of thinking that allows one to answer questions such as, "What will happen if I combine X and Y?" or "How can I make Z happen?" Creation science does none of this as its answer is "God did it and we cannot research any further." This actually creates a bias that is unacceptable in actual science fields. Science is supposed to be free from bias, not based on it.

I will give a few examples. According to the Center of Scientific Creation, the reason why many mammoths were found in the Alaskan-Siberian area is because of the Great Biblical Flood. Now several problems with their theory were raised as I looked through the "study." First of all, it presumed that there was a flood, a big no-no in science. Second of all, it has the audacity to say that a small sample size of mammoths would do. This is also a huge mistake as scientists would want a large size of observable specimen and the like. Lastly, it foolishly suggests that some conspiracy of "uniformitarianism" is rampant in the field of geology, which has lead to the repression of the study of the Great Biblical Flood.

I had literally had to brace myself for the dinosaur section of the FAQs. I nearly stoppped in tracks when it said evolutionists believe that birds were dinosaurs. First of all, they provided ZERO evidence for this claim. In fact, birds ARE dinosaurs, not the other way around. They also used anecdotal evidence to suggest that humans lived with dinosaurs. They even resort to world mythology to support that humans co-existed with dinosaurs. I am not joking and it is physically and emotionally hurting me to write this.

So, what have we learned today? Well, creation science is a thing, politicians want to push it on your kids, and they believe in made up bullshit that spits in the face both religion and science.