Making Your Dreams And Ambitions A Reality

“Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined."

201
Nouw.com

Something hit me today while I was at work. I was serving a middle-aged couple, and after I checked on them while they were eating, we started to talk about traveling and where I was going to school, etc. I told them that all I really wanted to do was be a journalist and write and move to the west coast.

The woman said that she was originally from Washington state and said that it was absolutely beautiful there. "You have to go. You just have to," she told me. "You're young, and you should save up your money and do it. But when it's the right time. Time is really important."

She then said that she's going to come back and find out if I ever went to Seattle. "I can tell you truly want to go to the west coast, not to run away from something, but because that's what you want. I can feel it," she said.

We talked for about 25 minutes about traveling, how time is important and how I need to do these things before I get too old and regret it. It was really inspiring and nice that this woman solidified my goal and could see that I really really want to move out west. I mean, that's the plan. She then ended it saying that the people out there are really nice and that I would fit in perfectly. She wished me luck.

Afterward, I knew that I had to go after my wants and dreams. The word "dream" didn't even seem fitting for my west coast goal anymore. I wanted it to become more than a dream; I wanted it to slowly become a reality. Dreams remind me of things that are just hopes that float our heads, but never exactly happen. They just sit there until they are actually achieved, and I think it's all up to us in the end to make them a reality or not.

When I was younger, I thrived on dreams and wishes and hopes. I felt like I had all of the time in the world to make them happen in real life, and I could just count on the comfort of thinking about them from far away -- only fantasizing that they would happen. I mean, I had all of the time in the world, right?

Now that I'm older, it all makes more sense to me. Pretty soon, time will run out and that's why it's crucial that I seize the day, to carpe diem all of it. There's nothing more terrifying than thinking about how we will look back at our lives when we're older, scanning all of the small details, wondering "what if" when that reoccurring dream settles in.

"What would have happened if I took that risk in my life?" Well, we will never know if we don't and I don't want to be that person who glances back and regrets. The adults in my life were right -- life goes by so incredibly fast.

From little to big dreams and wishes, it all makes the difference. Each one counts. When you truly want something, then it's going to happen. When you set your mind to something that you've been aiming for for a long, long time and it makes you incredibly happy, then you bet you're going to be on top of the world once you achieve it. And isn't that the best thing?

Do you want to fall in love? Do it.

Do you want to travel the world? Do it.

Do you want to grab that person you can't stop thinking about and tell them that you've been falling for them more and more each day? Do it.

Do you want to stand up for yourself and not be pushed around anymore because you'll know you'll be happier once you break free? Do it.

Do you want to finally be yourself even if it means standing out in the crowd? Do it.

And do you want to do the craziest thing in the world just because you want to get out of your comfort zone? I believe in you.

It's not even just traveling to my future homeland where I belong and know I belong -- it's falling in love someday. I want to and I am going to just jump right in because pretty soon, I'm going to lose that chance. And I'm too much of a romantic to throw that all away. So many people miss out on love because they're afraid. Let's dive head first.

So in the meantime, I have a plan. And that involves saving my money, moving to Seattle, Washington, being a journalist / writer and falling in love with someone just as weird as me.

Which dreams are you going to make a reality?