Making The Mundane Interesting

Making The Mundane Interesting

Begin to look at life in a different way.
28

"Beating mercilessly upon them. Relentless. Over and over, they’re knocked down, only to be picked back up again. Left with a strain of hope after they rise, they don’t know when it will come next.

But it always does.

The sound resonates in your ears, never stopping, so obnoxious and loud but so common that one day it can be drowned it out. A numbness to the noise develops.

Clack. Clack. Clack.

They say the faster the hits come, the better, the more work will get done, the more efficient the world will be. Rapid fire. People train themselves in the torture of them until it can be done with eyes closed, with attentions elsewhere.

The only rest from the pounding comes when the victims are surrounded, and the world around them comes down. They are closed in. Claustrophobic and caged, they struggle to find some solace that they may finally rest in the screaming silence.

It feels as if they will never rest again.

The darkness is gone; the lid is pushed away. A student takes out his laptop to write his English essay, and the unforgiving beating and pounding begins again. The clack of keys envelops the classroom."

When you first read about the keyboard, it seems to be a story of abuse. The horrors are real and huge and inescapable. Then you realize you're reading nothing more than a biography of some pieces of plastic.

It's all in perspective. How we look at life and how we view all that we know can change everything. The world around us can change in an instant, and all we have to do is shift our mindset. When your brother annoys you about his homework, step into his shoes and try to realize that he just doesn't understand something and wants help. When that neighbor won't stop talking about her day, just remember that she's really just excited and has a great tale to tell.

Life isn't black and white. It isn't always what it seems to be from the outside. We can change the way we look at everything around us, see beauty in the small things, and see a story in the forgotten.