Living Life To The Fullest

Living Life To The Fullest

Live the life you love, love the life you live

12
Living Life To The Fullest
Rebecca Clifford

Life is such an amazing experience and sometimes I forget to enjoy the ride. I am thankful for every single experience I have gone through over the past twenty years, the good and the bad. Flowers need the sun and the rain in order to grow. It’s funny how life seems to move so slow but when you look back it actually moves really fast. One of the most important lessons I’ve learned is to live in the moment. I cannot stress that enough. I used to think, I can’t wait until high school. Then I was in high school and I thought I cant wait until I can drive. Then I got my license and I thought I cant wait until college. Now that I’m in college, I realized I miss all of that. I wish I could relive some of those moments again because I didn’t appreciate them enough. From now on I am going to live in the moments and live to the fullest. Here’s how you can join and make the most of your life.

Remind yourself that every day is a second chance. Every say is a new day. If you made a mistake, that’s okay. It’s in our human nature to make mistakes because it helps us grow. Yesterday is in the past. Don’t get discouraged because you can always try again tomorrow.

Compliment at least one person every day. Whether it’s your friends or a stranger you walk by, compliment someone. It doesn’t have to be a huge compliment, it could be something as simple as “I like your shoes.” Just spread positive self-esteem and self-love. It will make them happy and it will make you feel good.

Every time you have a negative thought, think of three things you are thankful for and focus on that. Remind yourself that it’s not a bad life, you're just having a bad day and it will pass.

Instead of saying I wish, start saying I can and I will. Don’t live life wishing your dreams would happen, go out there and get it. Believe in yourself and your abilities. Go after every opportunity you can and make it happen.

Take risks. Steve Harvey was talking to an audience on Family Feud and he basically said that in order to be successful you have to jump. You cannot just exist, you have to try to do something extraordinary with your life. He said when you first jump, the parachute won’t open right away. You’ll get scrapped up and it will be rough but eventually it will open and that is a promise from God. He has gotten us through every single moment of our lives. So take risks, get out of your comfort zone, do one thing every day that scares you. You never know what your capable of unless you jump.

Don’t let fear control you. Choose to face everything and rise. Chose to challenge your fears. Do things anyway even if you are afraid because you will feel exhilarated and on top of the world and you will feel so accomplished and proud of yourself. Overcome your fears.

Be yourself and don’t apologize for it. In a society that is constantly trying to put people down and change them, being yourself is the most rebellious act a person can pursue. Love yourself and be yourself without being self-conscious or worried about judgement. The only opinions that matters are the ones you feel towards yourself.

Know yourself. Spend some time with yourself. Get to know your inner-self and be committed to improving yourself. Get in touch with your mind, body, heart and soul. Take a walk in nature. Meditate. Do yoga. Whatever works for you, make time every day for yourself, even if it’s only ten minutes a day.

Stress, to some extent is a good thing because it means you care but don’t forget to take breaks. Go for a walk, watch a movie, go for a car ride, take some pictures, hang out with friends, blast some music, have a dance party. It helps you breathe and re-energize. Even if it's a two minute walk or an hour long movie, it helps you destress and relax so that you are in a more peaceful state of being to finish what you need to do.

Set goals for yourself. Make a bucket list. Write down what you want to accomplish with a given amount of time. Make an inspiration board to help you stay focused. Ask your friends to hold you accountable so you can stay on track. It feels so good to check off what you did and look back to see how much you’ve accomplished and far you’ve come.

Find your passion. Identify what you are really passionate about and what has meaning to you. Do that every day, practice it, live it, breathe it. Be obsessed with it and have fun with it.

Be open to criticism. Think of it as helping you improve and grow, instead of a reflection of who you are or your worth.

Let go of anything that is weighing you down. Whether that be toxic relationships or friendships, a negative attitude, a grudge you’ve kept for years, forgiving someone who hurt you. Let it go. I promise you it is such a freeing experience and you will feel so much better.

Spend more time with people who genuinely care about you and love you. Surround yourself with people who will motivate you, support you and encourage you.Allow yourself to love and be loved because you deserve it.

Express gratitude. Be thankful for the experiences and people you have in your life and tell them how much they mean to you. Tell them you love them. Tell them what impact they have in your life.

Don’t be afraid to take the road less traveled just because it looks harder. Just because everyone is doing something, doesn’t mean you have to follow. Make your own path and believe in your journey.

Laugh more. Laughing is truly the best medicine. Laugh with your friends over random things. Find the people whose laugh makes you laugh and keep them close.

Embrace mistakes. We would not know success without trial and error, mistakes and failures. It shows progress, it shows improvement, and it shows growth.

Live in the moment. Don’t live in the past because it already happened. Don’t live in the future because it hasn’t happened yet. Live in each moment because it is happening right now and if you don’t embrace it, acknowledge it, and appreciate it, it will quickly become the past and you will be filled with regret.