It's 2018, Time To Stop Judging Women Based Off Of If They Wear Makeup Or Not

If a girl wants to wear make up everyday, then that is great for her. If not, that is equally as great.

281

It seems like in this day and age, everyone has an opinion towards other people. Now usually, that opinion is not needed nor necessary but this generation always feels the need to insert themselves in other people's lives. What really grinds my gears is when girls post a photo of themselves and random strangers tear these girls apart for either not wearing makeup or wearing too much makeup.

I can easily sum up the point of the article in one sentence: Girls do not go natural or wear makeup to please you!

A girl doesn't wake up one morning and think "maybe I will put makeup on so I can please all the strangers I don't know." If a girl feels comfortable going natural, she will go natural. If a girl wants to put makeup on because SHE likes it, then she will definitely sit in front of her mirror and beautify herself.

When a girl posts a selfie on Twitter or Instagram, you should not feel entitled to comment on the photo saying, "you wear way too much makeup" or "maybe you should try wearing makeup." Not only can that mess with a girl's self-esteem but quite frankly it is also none of your business what a girl does with her own body and her own life.

All girls are beautiful in their own ways; no two girls are the same. Some girls like makeup and some don't. It is as simple as that. You judging a girl based on if she wears makeup or not is honestly childish and I don't understand why you do it. There is no point to you doing it except for you to be negative and try to bring people down.

If girls wanted your opinion, they would ask for it. If their photo comment does not say "should I go natural today?" or "how is my makeup?" then your opinion does not matter and is invalid.

What makes these comments worse is that they normally come from other girls!

Come on ladies! We are supposed to be sticking together, not tearing each other apart. It is one thing when a straight guy comments on the photo but it is a complete bummer when I see girls tearing down other girls.

I just don't understand it. As a girl, why would you want to tear another girl down? Why would you want to tear anybody down? I always think it is a jealousy issue. I feel like jealousy plays a big role in tearing down other girls' self-esteem but if you're jealous of a girl then just comment that? A simple "wow, I'm so jealous that you can be so natural/wear makeup" is way better than "maybe you should wear makeup" because you're jealous that you feel like you can't go natural or "you wear way too much makeup" because you're jealous that you can't pull that look off.

Let me tell you girls something: all of you are beautiful. You may think you need to wear makeup; you don't. You may think that you look ugly when you are all natural; you don't. You may think that your makeup doesn't make you look any better; it might and it might not. As long as you have confidence in who you are, you will be beautiful. Makeup doesn't define whether or not you are beautiful, confidence does.

It is 2018. Judging girls for (not) wearing makeup should not be something anybody does anymore. We, as people, need to see the beauty in others and realize that what we say to people can hurt them. The saying "if you don't have anything nice to say, then don't say anything at all" really gets put into play here.

We should be building girls up, not tearing them down. We should not be asserting our opinions where they are not needed nor wanted. Ultimately, we should not be judging girls when we don't know them or their stories personally. We don't know why they wear makeup or why they don't and for you to judge them about it says more about you than it does about them.