Make Sure Your Vote Counts

Make Sure Your Vote Counts

Trump vs Clinton 2016

10
Make Sure Your Vote Counts
Via Pixabay

Within the last three weeks, both Republican and Democratic conventions were held. At those conventions it was shown to give America another chance to see if Donald Trump or Hillary Clinton would make a good fit as the next president of the United States.

Around the world, many people have been so attached to see how this upcoming election will play out. Most Americans have their own set of views as to why Trump would be the better candidate to win, while others feel that Clinton would represent the nation more.

Once both conventions were over, some Americans felt uneasy. It has been hard to find why people seem to want Trump as president. Having President Obama in office for eight years,being a democrat, means that those who are republican want to see change in the next four years to come.

During the DNC, Khizr Khan, the father of a Muslim American soldier who was killed in 2004 by a suicide bomber, gave a speech and said how it is unconstitutional to ban Muslims from entering the U.S. Then he pulled out a pamphlet titled The Constitution to show Trump they have equal rights as well anyone else. Once Trump found out what was said, he then attacked Khan’s wife because she was silent and did not speak during the speech.

Trump is viewed as someone that attacks people and shows no remorse of his feelings. His attitude is either you take it or leave it. But the question is, will Trump make a good president? In the past he has called Clinton a crook, attacked Sen. Ted Cruz’s wife and family, and recently made a decision to not endorse House Speaker Paul Ryan, while Ryan and Sen. John McCain both have endorsed him. With a change of heart, Trump decided to endorse both Ryan and McCain on Aug. 5 during a rally in Green Bay, Wisconsin.

On the other hand, Clinton is still standing strong through her attackers. With the election coming up, some people wonder if Clinton is really who she says she is. If she gets in office, will she stand by her word or turn the other cheek? Then there are others, who are looking at how Clinton’s character is like. Unlike Trump, Clinton is viewed to have a lot of temperament, because she knows that people are not only paying close attention to her, but that she has to remain a woman of class.

To compare and contrast, during the RNC every single person that spoke gave reason to why Trump would make a good president. In all, Trump has been viewed to make a decent president because he comes from a business world and with the nation in debt, he can solve every problem that America is facing. As far as Clinton, she is concerned about making America better for every person that is living. With different clips from the DNC, Clinton showed concern and most of all love toward those in Flint, Michigan,the Mothers of Sons shot due to police brutality and family members of addicts in Massachusetts.

With the election in just under 100 days, Americans can still pay attention to the future plans that Trump and Clinton seek for the U.S. Will you vote for someone who seems to have controversy instead of making peace within their members of their campaign and others around the world? Or set standards and stand behind someone who is qualified enough to know what America needs, which is unity.