Why Summer is the Perfect Time to Get Your Life Together

How College Kids Can Make The Most Of Summer

Cheers to sweet summertime! We made it.

24

I am the kind of person who is all about productivity. I like to have a busy schedule; it keeps me on my toes and keeps me motivated. Now, I do not mean that I enjoy packing my day solely full of schoolwork, chores, and other responsibilities. If there is one thing I've learned in life, it is that the key to a happy life is balance. You have to divide your time wisely, between both work and play. Although I firmly believe that summer is the time to relax, I also believe that you've gotta do summer in style. Find your balance.

Summer is the perfect time to snag a job, part-time or full-time. God knows that working during the school year is challenging, so saving money from your summer job to have during school is a great idea. Summer is also a wonderful time to conduct research, volunteer, or to take one or two classes in order to lighten your load for the following school year. Your future self will certainly thank you!

Just because summer's already arrived doesn't mean it's too late to work on that summer bod! That's right, you no longer have the excuse "I don't have time to go to the gym", or "It's too cold to exercise outside". At-home workouts can be just as effective as gym workouts, and the internet is chock-full of exercises that just about anyone can do in their living room, or their backyard. You'll be lookin' sharp come pool time.

Summer is the ideal time to travel, whether it's an hour away from your hometown, or a country away from your hometown. Go out and see the world! (That is, if you're financially able…) Side note: road trips with friends are a blast, and way cheaper than jet-setting somewhere!

There's no better time than summer to tackle those big jobs you just don't have time for during the school year. Yep, I am talking about going through the boxes and boxes of clothes you only wear half of, and deep cleaning the car that you've piled your life into the past eight months. It sucks, but hey, it's gotta be done!

Get outside and soak up that vitamin D! I am all for binge-watching your favorite Netflix show, but do it sparingly. Unplug. Make time to go outside, no matter what time of day it is. Watch the sunrise, take your dog for a walk, host a bonfire, anything! What better time of year to enjoy the great outdoors?

All in all, enjoy yourself this summer. Make time for the people you love, but also make time for yourself. Give your mind and body some much needed TLC, and you'll be ready to grind again come September. Cheers to sweet summertime!