Make America Think Again
Politics

Make America Think Again

Do not be brainwashed, America.

21
Make America Think Again
CharismaNews

Yes, Donald Trump is our next President-elect.

You have to be living in a secluded box to have not heard some type of back lash about Trump ruining this country or those who think his radical ideas are just what the country needs. I am not here to pick a stance or tell you what to believe. I do not have that authority, nor do I have enough information to properly educate or portray my opinions on another, regarding our future president. You believe what you believe and that is perfectly alright. That is what this nation is founded on: the freedom of thought and voice.

This election has undoubtedly caused some major controversy and uproar among citizens of this beautiful country. But whether good or bad, I do not think Trump or any president should be given so much credit for this country's actions. In Article II Sections 2 and 3 of The Constitution, the job guidelines of the president are listed clearly. While he is to command and over see the executive branch and many key factors that exist in this government, nowhere does it state the President is to control our thoughts, feelings, and actions. Yes, he does help guide the country and perform many duties in America's best interest. How we as citizens treat one another is not limited to the control of one person, but is controlled by our own specific thoughts, morals, and concerns. Do not give Trump, or any President, so much credit for how the United States of America will run. I am not disregarding the president's incredible role among this country, but rather stating, that he does not dictate how we think and act. Nobody has that authority, except us as individuals.

There has been an anguish of cries encompassing worries of discrimination and sexism. While I notice and am tolerant to different views and opinions on each matter and how Trump is going to handle them, I do not think he should be given credit for how our country's citizens act. Trump, a human-being who is not even officially president yet, does not own authority of how families and children are to be raised. The family in the White House should not be given credit for children being raised to love or hate, create or destroy, and discriminate or accept, but rather that is the responsibility of each personal household. George W. Bush was the elected president during my childhood and I do not consider his presidency to have had a major effect on how I treat other human beings or my moral beliefs. I learned perseverance from my father, hard work from my mother, respect from my brothers, and to accept everyone's differences from my grandparents. This does not disregard Bush's or any other president's effect or importance on the country in any way.

Do I think this means our public figure of the President of the United States has no affect on our country? No. Do I think this means they should conduct themselves in a meaningful and honorable way as the President in representation of their citizens? Yes. But it is not their responsibility to set moral and ethical standards. As citizens of a country founded on protection of its citizens and domestic tranquility, it is our own social responsibility to be involved as an example for younger generations and those who look to hate rather than love.

Donald Trump does not have the authority to proclaim a human being's value. While he has a major influence, he does not control your ability to value others. Do not let other people's opinions brain wash you. They are just that, opinions. You are your own person, just as every one else is. Do not let one man determine you, your friend's, your family's, or your race's worth. Nobody should be given that supremacy. Everyone has been given purpose and higher value from a God above all of us. "Your value does not decrease based on someone's inability to see your worth."

I believe no matter who was chosen as President-elect, they should be respected as our leader because that individual won by the choice of the majority. Our nation is founded on democracy, not dictatorship. Our nation is founded on acceptance and understanding of human beings. I believe no matter who won the election, there would be an apparent uproar from many. But this is what makes our country unique. We have a variety of people with a variety of thoughts. It would be ridiculous to assume and expect that we all would agree on the same things. Do not let one person strip society from what I believe is such a big virtue of who we are, but as well, do not blame that person for your own personal thoughts and actions.

"Dare to be who you are and learn to resign with good grace all that you are not and to believe in your own individually." - Henri-Frederic Amiel