Maintaining Your New Year's Resolutions at College

8

Each year over a billion people make new year's resolutions and plan on seeing it through into the next year. But over a million of those people fail to see their new resolutions into the month of March. If you're worried about not making it to the end of your year with your new year's resolution, here are a few helpful tips to get you through the spring semester. Whether you wanting to lose some weight, get better grades or find a job these four tips can help you succeed when you're back at school. 

1. Sleep at least six hours a night. It is suggested that college students should sleep anywhere from seven to nine hours a night. As a college student  myself, I understand how hard it is to get a good nights rest every night. But, a good nights rest helps maintain a healthy metabolism and helps you be better focused for your classes and job interviews.

2. Hit the university gym. Hitting the gym will not only help you lose weight it will help you feel better as well. Working out will also relieve stress from your hard classes this spring semester. Even if you cannot hit the gym take the stairs. 

3. Limit your TV and Netflix use. I myself need to limit my Netflix use. Limiting these two things will allow for more study time and more time to work a job. If you absolutely cannot limit your Netflix shows or TV usage go to the university gym and watch your shows while on a bike or elliptical. 

4. Join a campus organization. With the extra time that a campus organization will take up, it will keep you out of your dorm room and keep you from eating. These campus organizations can introduce to future employees and help you get a job. Finally, if you join a campus organization with students of the same major as you, you can make study groups with the different members. 

Hopefully these four tips will help you see your new year's resolution to 2016.