Photo Gallery: Maggie Rogers Live in Atlanta

Maggie Rogers transformed Atlanta's historic Fox Theatre for a night of magic.

11

In addition to the 4,000+ seats in the stalls and the balcony of the Fox Theatre, fans packed inside the lowered orchestra pit to dance as close as possible to Maggie Rogers, the Brooklyn-based singer-songwriter who has taken 2019 by storm after her single, "Alaska," went viral three years earlier. She's spent almost ten months performing all over the world, hitting some places twice (like Atlanta) - all while releasing her debut album with Capitol Records: Heard it in a Past Life. Through touring, Maggie has been able to show a side of herself to the world that's best experienced through a live performance.

The silvery white cape + jumpsuit hybrid that Maggie wore each night was no coincidence. Maggie, along with two other artists, designed the ethereal costume with specific intention. "I wanted this tour to represent and pay homage to all the costumes i've worn onstage during this 3 year personal evolution," she said via Instagram.

The costume worked in tandem with the drapery at the front of the stage, which silhouetted Maggie for the first song before it softly fell to the ground. Opening with "Color Song" set the tone for the rest of the performance, harmoniously combining natural sounds like bird and cricket chirps with elements of vocals and instruments. As the curtain fell, Maggie gracefully made her way from the back of the stage to the front before shifting the energy of the room from tranquil to energetic with the second song, "Fallingwater." These energy shifts continued to happen throughout the night, making sure all 4,000 people had the opportunity to feel each song personally.

The orchestra pit at the Fox Theatre shook every time Maggie got close to the edge of the stage. Every fan inside was dancing and passionately singing every lyric together. Maggie loves to dance so much that even during the slow songs, she was still moving from left to right of the stage, touching as many hands as she could. Without interacting with the crowd as much as she did, the combination of lighting and costume could have made the performance seem too magical - but Maggie made sure that this magic was a reality for Atlanta listeners.

Keep reading to see a gallery of photos. Don't forget to keep up with Maggie Rogers on social media!

Instagram | Twitter | Spotify | Facebook | YouTube