Listen to Music With these Snazzy Sci-Fi Glasses

By: James McDonald

237

A cross between traditional sunglasses and a personal portable speaker, the Lucyd Lyte is a revolutionary product that allows the user to listen to music, podcasts, and even take calls through the glasses using bone conduction technology. Weighing less than two ounces, these futuristic frames allow you to interact with the world around you while discreetly listening to audio via Bluetooth. If sunglasses aren't your thing, you can purchase a variety of swappable lenses through Lucyd's website

I love the look and feel of these glasses. The fit and finish of these durable designer glasses offer a sleek and stylish design that can be worn no matter the occasion. The narrow left and right temples of the glasses executed a custom feeling fit to perfection around my ears that at times it felt as if they weren't on my head. The high-quality UV polarized lenses obstruct the right balance of light and dark in a variety of environments.

Setting up the Lytes is as easy as it can get. Simply take them out of the folding case, turn them on pushing both buttons on the front of the glasses, and turn on Bluetooth via your enabled device. The glasses will connect and you can play your audio from there. A voice message will play through the glasses notifying you that they are now connected. The Lytes also features hands-free controls, allowing the user to pause/play their audio, adjust the volume, answer/decline calls, and talk to Siri directly through the glasses.

I compared these to the recently released Bose Tenor, and the Lytes was the clear winner. The Tenors felt bulky and uncomfortable wearing, while the Lytes felt snug and well-fitting on my face. The Lytes has a stunning battery life of over six hours of listening time, but the Tenors drastically fall short at just over five hours. I tested the sound quality of both glasses and while the Bose was slightly superior in acoustics and tonality, there isn't a substantial difference in quality between the two. The only category that the Tenors exceed in is that they are much quieter, meaning that due to the placement of the internal speakers, others are less likely to hear the audio being played. However, with the Lytes being only $119 as compared to Tenor's hefty price tag of $249, it is easy to see past this tiny flaw. Both glasses were easy to operate, had crisp microphone quality, and had great use of touch controls.

Comparison Table for Lucyd Lyte and Bose Tenor e-Glasses-5.png

I hope you learned something about this exciting new type of eyewear. If you would like to learn more about Lucyd, please visit their StartEngine campaign.