To The Fab 5, Y'all Each Have A Permanent Place In My Heart

Thank you, Fab 5, for being everything the world needs right now.
95

Antoni, Bobby, Jonathan, Karamo, and Tan will always have a place in my heart. They are here to make us all more politically correct and aware, and they are going to be fab doing it. I spent one lazy Friday laughing, crying, and getting sassy watching "Queer Eye" for eight hours and my life hasn't been the same since.

In all seriousness, those beautiful men are exactly what 2018 needed. The concept of the show is perfect and the timing of the comeback is perfect. With the way society is shifting and fighting over opinions, "Queer Eye" is more relevant and necessary than ever. They have given everyone an opportunity to see the beauty of the LGBTQ community, which is something I've always had the privilege of.

While we get the entertainment of watching them perform "make-betters" on some very deserving straight men, which they call "heroes"; we also get some lessons on what is acceptable in the LGBTQ community. For anyone who didn't know, asking who wears the pants in any relationship is a big no-no!

The love I have for the five men behind the beauty of the show is so strong! The best decision I have ever made, after watching "Queer Eye," was following them on all social media. I absolutely adore how they all bring something unique to the table.

They didn't just change the lives of the men getting made better, they changed mine, too.

Antoni is the most fabulous Canadian foodie, who smells everything and I admire him for all of it. He could cook me anything and I would devour it. I don't even like avocado or grapefruit that much, but it is something I want to try. He is so reassuring and uplifting. Antoni never overwhelms the heroes by showing off his cooking skills, he's just there to teach them things that are realistic in their daily lives which is really beautiful. He also values tradition and ties family into the dishes he teaches the men to make. I can just tell he has a heart of gold!

I am now devoted to flossing every day, thanks to Jonathan. He does the most! He has the hair of a god, his own language, and I want to be his best friend. Because of him, I know what to look for in the ingredients in shampoo and I am eternally grateful for that and all he is. After spending a day watching him, I feel so connected with him. He's had a permanent place in my heart since he convinced Tom to gain some confidence in the first episode. Also, everyone should invest some time into listening to his podcast, "Getting Curious with Jonathan Van Ness" so we can all be as woke as he is.

When it comes to Karamo, I just want him to fix my whole life because I know he would do it better than anyone and I could trust him with anything. His conversation with Cory in episode 3 is something every person needs to watch. He was so honest and open and I can only hope others can be as well. We also have the same taste in men (Superman, I mean you). Therefore, he can take over my Tinder any time and I would not be mad!

Tan is a dreamboat with amazing eyebrows and style. I love everything about him, from his accent to his shoes that pull his outfits together. The guy is full of miracles and fashion sense. And after watching the show, I'm even more appalled by Crocs and cargo shorts than I was before (which let's be honest, it was a lot). Tan really knows what he is doing and I would trust him with my life.

Bobby kind of gets overlooked because we don't see him much until he's finished, but he definitely has the biggest job and he is so talented it's actually ridiculous! He is also not afraid to be vocal about his thoughts and I have so much respect for him. With Bobby, the Christian dad of six, he was so straightforward with asking him about his thoughts on homosexuality. It also opened my heart hearing the hero's response.

So thank you, Fab 5 for being everything the world, and especially America, needs right now. Thank you for changing my life and making a lazy Friday of bingeing Netflix the best Friday I've had in a while. And most importantly, thank you for being yourselves! I love y'all so much!