To Indianapolis, The City That I Can't Wait To Return To

Something about you just makes me want to come back for more.

12

I don't travel that often. The only time I ever leave the state is when I'm traveling for a concert, so usually, these are overnight trips and I don't get to explore the cities we go to that often.

Recently, I traveled to Indianapolis to see Panic! At The Disco. The concert was amazing, because who doesn't love Brendon Urie? But the one thing I fell in love with all over again was the city.

Because of my brother's out-of-state basketball shenanigans and concerts, I've traveled through the city four times, and because of Panic! I had the chance to FINALLY explore the city, at least for a little bit.

Let me start by saying I live in a town about 25 minutes outside of St. Louis. I've been downtown more times than I can count, so I am more than familiar with the city life, but something about downtown Indianapolis is mesmerizing.

Downtown St. Louis, depending on where you go, is not that busy. On some streets, there are barely any shops or places to go. It's just quiet.

In Indianapolis, the streets are full of cars and people. There are so many unique buildings and busy restaurants. People of all ages and backgrounds fill the streets and that just made me so happy.

Because the concert was on a Friday, we had the next day to explore the Indianapolis Zoo. I've passed by it each time we drove through, but we've never had time to go because we've always been on such a tight schedule. I got to cross it off my bucket list and I loved every minute of it!

We had to pay to get in, but I didn't mind because our ticket came with a dolphin show, and man, I LOVE DOLPHINS.

I got to do so many things like pet a shark, watch a giraffe be fed and watch a tiger get fed. Don't get me wrong, we have a zoo here in St. Louis (which is free, by the way) but I've NEVER gotten to see these things live and up close.

My next trip back up to the city that I've recently started to love a little more is in about two weeks and I can't wait to go back. It's going to be for another concert because that's usually all the traveling that I do, but I can't wait to explore downtown and I can't wait to go back to the zoo.

Something about the city, the atmosphere of walking downtown and getting to explore a different place other than my hometown is just amazing to me.

In the future, I can't wait to explore other cities. I'm not talking about major cities, I'm talking about smaller, lesser-known ones because those are the ones that are the coolest and hold the most treasures.

Until next time, Indy.