Demi Lovato Is Teaching Us More Than How To Stay Strong, She's Teaching Us How To Fall

"Throughout her entire experience with addiction and other obstacles within her lifetime, she has always been honest."

85
Entity Magazine

According to multiple news sources, Demi overdosed on what was not clearly specified on early Tuesday morning. This put many fans into shambles as everyone believed that Demi has been on the road to recovery for years. As many people were upset and frightened, this event had Twitter going crazy and taking kind measures for once. It was interesting to see so many people coming together for something like this, when it seems to always result in conflict on social media if anyone is trying to express an opinion. Many of Demi's fan clubs started hashtags that would show support for the singer before she would go back on social media. This was the first time in a while that I just saw an overload of love and support all over social media which was truly amazing. For once, there was no judgement only heartbreak and strength coming from her fanbase and friends that she's made over the years. Specifically, Demi's largest fan club's twitter account started the hashtag "#YouAreNotAloneDemi" which was trending almost instantly after being created by fans and hit over 8,783 tweets.

Twitter

When I was in high school Demi came out with a book titled, "Staying Strong" which held quotes for everyday of the year along with a summary describing how to stay strong within difficult times. As a young person who encountered many emotional issues, I bought this book and used it a lot more than expected. Everyday I would open up this book and read something that would change my perception on things around me and reflect on my own values and opinions which made me stronger. I'll always be thankful for her honesty and the way that she expressed her own thoughts to help others. Even at the young age of 15, Demi Lovato impacted my life in a positive way by her kind words and honest expression of life.

A few years later I went to one of her concerts not thinking much about the fandom that she accumulated over the years due to her incredible music and connection with her fans. As I attended this concert, there were so many tears shed in the audience because of the compassion they had for Demi and the strength that these fans held within their own lives. So many people were screaming from the stands "Demi you saved me" or "I love you, thank you", these words even made me a little emotional for even witnessing the amount of power that was in that stadium. Demi's life story captivates people everyday as just one person could relate and connect their own lives to her music and feel stronger after listening.

Demi has always been a "big sister" to so many people and his given them the support that they needed when no one else would. Her honesty has been a reminder that we all need to be honest with ourselves and address issues that occur within our own lifetimes to live our best years. She has taught not only her fans, but those around her so much about staying true to yourself and admitting to when you slip and fall. Although we all have trials and tribulations within our lives, that's what makes us human and Demi has always made sure to speak her mind on those matters which makes her the incredible person that stands with us today.

"Recovery is something that you have to work on every single day and it's something that it doesn't get a day off." - Demi Lovato