Lov9 Khari Talks About His Career Path, Influence, and New Music

A zealous artist Lov9 Khari is an American artist and songwriter with a spellbinding ability to arrest his audiences and dominate tracks with his incredible vocals.

12

Today we'd like to introduce you to Lov9 Khari. Born JaKhari Shai Bennette in Weymouth, MA on December 19, 1999.

1. Can you tell us a story about what brought you to this specific career path?

My stepfather had brought a bunch of equipment to our house one day and used to record music. When I saw it I thought to myself like, "That's all it takes to record your voice and make music"? It caught my attention from there.

2. Can you share the most interesting story that happened to you since you started this career?

I can't speak on it. All I can say is listen to "Room 414" when I release it.

3. Can you share a story about the funniest mistake you made when you were first starting? Can you tell us what lesson you learned from that?

I was trying so hard to find a "cool" name that I decided to go by "Huey Got Clout". Where it came from, I don't know but I always found it funny.

4. What are some of the most interesting or exciting projects you are working on now?

There are a lot of projects that I am working on as well as some features from some well-known artists. What I am most excited about is two projects from 2 Boston artists that I think will shed light on how talented people in the city are. One of them is like a Styles P/Jadakiss type back-and-forth with me and him but we both sing. It's going to be crazy.

5. Who are some of the most interesting people you have interacted with? What was that like? Do you have any stories?

Realistically, I'll look at myself as equal or superior to most people but so far one of the most interesting people that I have interacted with you probably don't even know yet but you will. He's one of the only videographers that my campuses. His name is Vfx Josh and every time we link up it's really like, Wilt Chamberlin meets Hugh Hefner. That's my guy.

6. Which tips would you recommend to your colleagues in your industry to help them to thrive and not "burn out"?

You can't please everybody. With that being said stay consistent in perfecting your craft and sound but understand that your sound isn't for everybody. I think when people try to please everyone, it causes them to feel overwhelmed and eventually burn out.

7. You have been blessed with success in a career path that can be challenging. Do you have any words of advice for others who may want to embark on this career path, but seem daunted by the prospect of failure?

Don't try to keep up with the Joneses. Just be yourself but allow others to see you be yourself. People will like you. People already like you and you don't even know it. You just have to make yourself available enough for people to realize that they like you.

8. Can you share with our readers any self-care routines, practices, or treatments that you do to help your body, mind, or heart to thrive? Kindly share a story or an example for each.

Rule number 1, drink water. You can drink all the alcohol in the world but make sure you drink double that amount in water. Also, smoke weed man. If it gets your creative juices flowing like it gets mine flowing, do it. It's legal almost everywhere and wherever it ain't legal at I'm pretty sure people still do it. I do. And oh yeah wash your face. I use products from this person on Instagram named @divinejuice. All the products that I get from her keep my face smooth, and everyone around me uses those products as well. Your face and teeth are usually what people see first and will know you by so, wash your face.

9. What are your "5 things I wish someone told me when I first started" and why. Please share a story or example for each.

If I must be honest, I always had someone who had my back since I started taking this seriously. I don't have five things I wish someone told me when I first started but I can tell you five things that you should know if you're starting. 1, get comfortable with being uncomfortable. You can come up with the most creative things when you're outside of your element. 2, don't run from challenges. These challenges will continue to make you a better person, artist, or whatever type of creative you are. 3 make sure you have people around you that are very tough critics. If everyone that is around you always thinks that your music is great and needs no changes, your music probably sucks. 4, delegate work to people who genuinely want to be a part of your success. That way you know that you are in good hands. And 5, be patient. Before me, there were about six others. I believed in myself and they believed in me as well but, it wasn't my time.

10. Can you please give us your favorite "Life Lesson Quote"? Can you share how that was relevant to you in your life?

Death before dishonor. Sample. I'd rather die than dishonor the ones that help put me where I am and where I am projected to be going.

11. None of us can achieve success without some help along the way. Is there a particular person who you are grateful towards who helped get you to where you are? Can you share a story about that?

Moom. Our CEO, my manager. I'll be nobody without him. On dead dawgs. He had dreads and used to make music back in the day. For real, The first time that I was in a real studio was with Moom. The first deal that I signed, was with Moom. The first chain with real vvs was with moom. Life just starts to change when Moom is around.

12. You are a person of enormous influence. If you could start a movement that would bring the most amount of good to the most amount of people, what would that be? You never know what your idea can trigger. :-)

Prison reform. Moom always had a thing for truly rehabilitating felons but doing it differently than everybody else. We want to help inmates become homeowners by the time they come home. So when they're done doing their bid, if they follow our program to a T they could come home to not only a career but also a home that they would own.

13. We are very blessed that some of the biggest names in Business, VC funding, Sports, and Entertainment read this column. Is there a person in the world, or in the US whom you would love to have a private breakfast or lunch, and why? He or she might see this. :-)

50 Cent. I am for sure motivated by everything Fif does and did. I think a sit-down with him would be dope.

14. How can our readers follow you online?

IG - @Lov9Khari_abnf everything is everything there.