With 2017 approaching very shortly, I have reflected on all of the events that happened in 2016. Though i had some hard times, I also had some great times. Times that make me realize that life is definitely worth living. I wrote down all the exciting things that happened to me in 2016, and I am sharing it to encourage others to look back on 2016 and appreciate all of the great life events that occurred.
1. I had some milestones in 2016 with my first relationship. We met in 2015, and in 2016 we fell even more in love and celebrated our one year anniversary in the fall. She was the best part of my 2016.
2. I got to visit Italy for the second time. I got to visit beaches, churches. and palaces, and it was a very important life even this year.
3. I got my first car. It has given me so many opportunities to get out and have more fun at school. I'm able to just hop in my car and go to any place I want.
4. I bought a Betta fish and he has given me a lot of joy in my dorm room. His name is Moby, and he's beautiful. He acts like a dog some of the time, and it makes me laugh.
5. I made some new friends. Though I lost some friends in 2016, I made new ones who make me laugh and with whom I have fun.
6. I gained more confidence. I used to have very bad confidence and would look at my body and hate it. Now I look at my body and face, and actually like them. Thought I may not like my body all the time, I am able to accept it now.
7. I became happier in 2016, and that's something I'm extremely thankful for. I have become more at peace with what happens in life, and I have learned to go with the flow when that's needed. Happiness is one of the words I would use to describe 2016.
I hope 2017 will be even better than this year was. I know that I will aim to get healthier and happier in 2017, so that if bad things do happen, I can bounce back very quickly. Here's to you 2016, and I'm excited to meet you, 2017.