perks of long term relationship
relationships

10 Reasons I'm Thankful for my Long Term Relationship

I've been with my boyfriend for seven years.

283
Madison Metzger

My boyfriend and I have been dating for seven years, and since then we have been through a lot, good and bad, but what makes it all worth it is having him by my side. People probably think we're crazy for being together for so long and doubt that it will work, but so far these have been some of the best years of my life and I get to share them with someone so special to me, I would never change a single thing about those years with the love of my life. I am the luckiest girl ever to have someone so amazing in my life.

1. He knows everything about me.

He sometimes knows me better than I know myself.

2. I don't need to start over.

Almost every girl fears starting over with someone new, having to get to know one another and go through all the awards stages of a relationship. I am not missing out on the dating scene in society today.

3. I don't need to pretend around him.

I am not ashamed to be a crazy girlfriend, and tell him how I feel, or make a complete fool of myself, and my days where I wear sweats and no make-up, he never judges me for it and I thank God for that because those aren't my fondest days and he still sticks around.

4. We are so close with each other's family.

The most important thing is family, and the fact that we are apart of each other's families makes us extremely lucky. My family sometimes sides with him instead of me, but I would rather have that than someone my family disapproves of.

5. Trust.

I know I can count on him and know he would never lie to me. I don't have to be the crazy girlfriend who is insecure when he goes out without me because at the end of the day I know I'm his number one.

6. I can fart in from of him.

Yeah, I know it's gross, but when I can't hold it and I'm not afraid to let it out sometimes. I mean in seven years of dating there is no way that a few won't slip up here and there and no I am not afraid to do it in front of him, especially since his farts are worse.

7. We are growing together.

We have gone through the awkward stages of puberty, we have gone through the crazy party phase of college, and we have gone through the trials and tribulations that life has thrown at us, but through it all, it has made us stronger because we went through it together.

8. I feel real, and unconditional love.

I know that he cares about me no matter what. He chose me, and I chose him, and I will always have someone in my corner.

9. I know he will always be there for me and vice versa.

I can count on him for everything, from my small problems about what I should eat for lunch, to when life stresses me out so much I want to explore, he is there supporting me through it.

10. He makes me happy.

Above everything else, I am happiest when I am with him and there is nothing that could ruin that happiness. It can take people a long time to find happiness in a relationship and once you have found it, never let it go.

Thank you for the best seven years of my life, giving me someone to love, and loving me through everything. I am looking forward to seeing what the next seven years has in store for us and I can't wait to spend it with you. XOXO.