How To Keep Your Friends From High School

It can be difficult to keep these friends after you go off to college.

49

I recently just went out to lunch with one of my closest friends from High School. The catch here was we hadn't seen each other since high school graduation, yet we still remained friends. Here are some ways that you can keep that long distance friendship that strongest it's ever been.

1. Text!

This might seem so simple, but on the busiest of days at college texting is the last thing on your mind. Take a few minutes out of your day to send out a simple "How are you?". It will make all the difference.

2. Snapchat.

It's so easy to see into their everyday lives this way. And chances are you're already snapping someone from college back, might as well keep your streak with them alive.

3. Comment on their posts.

Leave that little note under their picture to let them know you're thinking of them. Even from a few states away you can give them that confidence boost by letting them know they look cute in that dress.

4. Write letters.

I know extremely old fashioned, but there's nothing more fun in college than getting mail. It's also nice to have those mementos to look back on after college.

5. Call each other.

Sometimes you're walking across campus and you just feel like talking to someone. Every week on my way to different classes I'd call my friends just to see what they were up to and how they were doing.

6. Visit your friends

Plan out weekends where you can go and visit them at their school or vice versa. You get to meet their new friends and see their new home for the next four years.

7. Make plans.

Set a time to meet up when you're both home for break. Make an actual date and time or you will both forget and end up not seeing each other.

8. Tag each other.

Whenever you see something funny on social media that reminds you of your friend, send it to them. Just another way to show them you're thinking of them.

College can be hard, and sometimes your friends from home aren't the first thing on your mind all the time. Stay in touch with them because they have been with you since the beginning.