7 Resources To Combat Loneliness

Feel A Lil' Better: Because You're Not The Only One Who Feels Lonely

360
CBS

No matter how good (or bad) you'd describe your health, one thing is for sure: a little boost is ALWAYS a good idea. Whether that's reading a new, motivating book or listening to a song that speaks to your soul, there are plenty of resources to help your health thrive on any given day.

'Tis the season for all things romance. The air is full of love and the store shelves are stocked with heart-shaped chocolate boxes. The great thing is that you don't have to be in a relationship to enjoy Valentine's Day and all that comes with it... until you get a little too much in your feels. Maybe that rom-com brought up some insecurities you'd rather not talk about, or perhaps that 18th lovey-dovey Instagram post just hits you in a different way. Maybe, for whatever reason that you are positive is no excuse, you're experiencing some loneliness in this season.

I know you may KNOW you are OK, but it's OK to not feel OK. Loneliness hits us all at some point.

Each week, we're bringing you the best resources and influencers to give you this mental health boost. Here's what we're following this week on loneliness.

Book: "The Loneliness Cure"

Loneliness is a pretty common experience, even during months not associated with heart-shaped balloons. "The Loneliness Cure" talks about how technology has increased our reaction of loneliness, and how we can bring that personal affection back into our lives.

Podcast: 30 Something, Black, and Gay

The Truth About Loneliness

open.spotify.com

Sometimes you just need to hear other people talk about what you're going through in an "oof same" manner. Thankfully, the co-hosts of "30 Something, Black, and Gay" are ready to help you out, dishing on their personal experiences with loneliness and all things that are part of a less-than-perfect love life.

Instagram influencer: Addy

Addy, the voice behind the Instagram account @welcometothetable___ is not one to shy away from how she's feeling. She'll tell you straight up what's good, bad, and hard. Along the way, she'll also encourage you to lean into love — fitting, right?

Twitter account: Campaign to End Loneliness

See? You aren't the only lonely individual taking on Valentine's Day this year. Campaign to End Loneliness is a UK-based organization working to help individuals create meaningful, lasting connections. Even if you aren't located in the UK, the encouragement they have to share is worth the follow.

SEE ALSO: 7 Resources To Help You Start Therapy On A Good Note

YouTuber: Baya Voce, Tedx Talks

We love a good Ted Talk, don't we? Baya Voce is the host of "The Art of Connection," a web series dedicated to helping people live their most fulfilled lives. She brings all that knowledge on how to escape loneliness with her to Ted's Salt Lake City convention, so buckle up.

Musician: Robyn

Sometimes, being lonely means you just have to embrace the feels and cry! It! Out! Thankfully, Robyn has provided us with a great bop to get all those feels out in the open.

BONUS: Body pillow

You already knew I was going to suggest you get a big, huggable body pillow to soften the blow that is Valentine's Day! Heck, this is applicable (and so comfy) year-round. We are here for it, even after those lonely vibes leave!

Is there a wellness resource you'd like to see featured? Send an email to lily.moe@theodysseyonline.com.