Take care of your mental health by logging off.

Our lives are constantly surrounded around screens. Whether it is communicating with friends or checking up on recent posts and gossip; we are living in a society that tells us we must always be on our phones or laptops. This takes a huge toll on our mental health and daily lives. We get up in the morning and the first thing we do is check our phones. In between classes or on our work shifts we spend most of it on our phones, seeking more stimuli.

On top of staring at all these screens, we are bombarded with ads. Literally every where. I bet as you're reading this article right now there are ads popping up at you right and left. Telling you to try this new product or that there is 20% deal at some store you recently went to and are wondering how the computer knows you went there. Also, people are mean online. I get that everyone has an opinion and we all have thoughts and ideas. Sometimes, these opinions are hurtful and really can put a damper on your mood. Log off for a bit. Go do something that makes you happy and that you have a passion for outside of the world wide web.

Take a break from it all. Really, take a break. Delete the Facebook, Instagram, etc. apps. And just decompress. Do something other than to always be on your phone staring down and ignoring the world around you. Read a book, write, learn a new hobby, or use your phone to actually call someone up. You know phones can still be used to have full on conversations? Write a letter to your Grandma or best friend. Just take a break from it all. You may find yourself just a little bit happier and able to focus on the most important thing; life itself.