"Locker Room Talk" Vs. Sexual Assualt

"Locker Room Talk" Vs. Sexual Assualt

"Locker room talk" is just talk, and that's it.

2
Huffington Post

In Sunday night's debate, the video that was released on Friday was a highlight of the discussion. In the video, Donald Trump is quoted saying disgusting things about women. He said, "I moved on her like a bitch, but I couldn’t get there. And she was married. Then all of a sudden I see her, she’s now got the big phony t*** and everything. She’s totally changed her look". This is just one of the many quotes in the video where Trump showed how little respect he has for women.

Trump has been criticized for his remarks throughout the entire election process, but this has gone too far. As if the video were not bad enough, Trump referred to what he said in the video as "locker room talk" in the debate. One thing that needs to be made clear about this is that Donald Trump would "Just kiss. I don’t even wait". This is not "locker room talk". Locker room talk is defined as "The crude, vulgar, offensive and often sexual trade of comments guys pass to each other, usually in high school locker rooms". It is NOT defined as forcing yourself upon someone, and kissing them just because you can. It is NOT taking action on these comments you make about person, it is simply just talk, and that's it.

How can we accept that forcing yourself upon someone is just talk? That there aren't any consequences if you're a person in a higher position if they do that. That it's simply accepted because they have money, and because the person "let them" do it to them? Did Trump ever consider that these women were too scared to say no? Trump is a person with power, and often, women feel like they have no say when the man assaulting them is held at a higher position than they are. He took advantage of them because he believes he is entitled to do so. According to the United States Department of Justice, this would be defined as sexual assault: "any type of sexual contact or behavior that occurs without the explicit consent of the recipient". The fact that he says that it's okay to do this because he has power is sickening.

No, neither candidate is a perfect candidate, and each has their flaws. But the video released on Friday followed by Trump's comments regarding it are absolutely disgusting. Sexual assault is not "locker room talk". It is a crime, and it shows that he has no respect for women. No one is entitled to do this.

I don't know about you, but I want a president who is going to respect all people, regardless of their gender or race.