18 Local Artists I Believe Deserve Recognition

There are so many creative people around the world, and some of the most creative and talented people live right nearby.

1280

We all know about the artists that make it big on YouTube, like Jeffrey Starr or James Charles. We know about the big-name photographers, the brilliant artists, the most famous singers and songwriters, and the most esteemed writers. However, art takes on so many different forms, and some of the most talented people lie right in our communities. They're people we know, have heard about, or follow just because we admire the kind of talent that they have. These people deserve all the recognition in the world, and they also deserve more clients that can enjoy their work so they can keep doing the things that they love. Here are some artists that I, or someone I know, has suggested to me in the past or that one of us follows on social media.

1. Tate Thomas Photography 

So many people have shouted out this girl, and for good reason. She takes stunning pictures and can always capture the moment perfectly. There are countless shots she's snagged of people genuinely laughing and smiling with absolutely no posing needed. Her talent goes beyond just the camera, for the creative ideas that roam in her mind are abundant. Tate can make a photography shoot happen ANYWHERE and the pictures always turn out insane (once she even made a college study room a venue). She deserves countless clientele and a ton of recognition, so follow @capturedbyt_ on Instagram for more stunning pictures!

2. Nicole Brumbaugh's Art

Although I'm unsure if Nicole would paint for cash, she is an incredible artist who has painted some incredible things, and I'm sure would be okay with painting for a price if asked since it is her passion. She's put together paintings of Bob Marley, Chance the Rapper, and XXXtentacion. Follow her on twitter @niccolleeb to purchase one of her paintings!

3. Jeromy Laux's Photography and Videography

Jeromy has traveled to countless places around the world and taken dozens of beautiful photographs, both of people and animals. I loved his photography so much I asked him to do my senior pictures in high school, and I definitely was not disappointed with the results. I can guarantee you wouldn't be either. Follow @lauxcreative on Instagram for more beautiful pictures.

4. Chris Perkins Photography

Chris is an extremely talented photographer from central Ohio who loves to capture weddings and portraits – and he is excellent at it. Chris has captured stunning engagement pictures, wedding pictures, and more. His work does not disappoint. He also recently started a page for thrifted clothing for men, so if you're interested in thrifted items you can check out that page as well on Instagram known as @pocketchangethrift. For pictures, follow @chrispyperkins on Instagram for more quality content, or check out his website at chrisperkins.org.

5. Bloom Baby Florals

An integral part of any wedding is the decorations, specifically the flowers. From the stunning arrangements that sit in the middle of the tables to the bouquet the bride carries with her, the flowers in a wedding are a focal point for many. It's important they're spot on, and there is no better company to help you with that than Bloom Baby Florals. However, you can contact them for more than just weddings! If you need anything flower-related, hit up Bloom Baby and they can let you know if they can do it. Follow @bloombabyflorals on Instagram for beautiful wedding pictures, great deals, and stunning flower arrangements.

6. Kaleb McCaw Photography

Kaleb just recently began to pursue his passion in photography, but he photographs like he has been doing it for years. He captures everything from portraits to sports to nature flawlessly. Follow @mccawsphotos on Instagram for more pictures and content.

7. Canvisluv Music

If you love listening to goof music with chill vibes, then canvisluv is for you. The artist, Shawn Daniel, takes a lot of time to make sure his lyrics have good content and meaning, creating an entire album that you can't help but listen to all the way through each time. Even his remixes of current songs are just as good, if not better, than the originals. Follow @canvisluv on Instagram for updates on his music and art.

8. Macey Mullins on Odyssey

Macey Mullins is passionate about her writing and takes tons of time pouring into each article she writes. She is sure to write about content that means something to her, and she has no problems stating her opinion on subjects, but she does so in such a raw and respectful manner that you can't help but keep reading. Even if you don't stand for the same things she writes about, you have to admit she has a way with words that can be really rare to find in writers these days.

9. Trent Brown Photography 

Trent Brown can capture the beauty anywhere at any time, and that shows through clearly on his page. His portrait shots are incredible and each shot is unique to the person being photographed. There's contrast, dark hues, icy tones, and undeniable talent. Follow @trentbr0wn on Instagram to see more.

10. Sprinkle Me Sweet

Owned by Zoee Kear, Sprinkle Me Sweet is a business dedicated to creating masterpieces on an atypical canvas – cake. Each sweet treat is created with lots of time and effort, the ending coming together flawlessly to create a dessert you almost feel guilty for eating. The dessert sculptures show just how talented she really is. Follow @sprinklemesweet on Instagram if you're interested.

11. Myah Zerkle Photography 

Myah Zerkle has an eye for art and beauty that shines through each photograph she takes. From senior portraits to animals to foods to places she's adventured to, Myah has caught moment after moment of incredible pictures. She has gotten live action shots of sports, countless breathtaking sunsets, and nature everywhere in its most pure form. Follow @myzphotography for more.

12. Emily Arnold Makeup

Another form of art that many don't think of off the bat is make-up. However, some of the most beautiful creations come from make-up artists who paint on canvases that start new with each passing day. Emily Arnold creates stunning looks with various eyeshadow palettes and they never disappoint. Once she posts each look she even includes all the products she used so that others at home might be able to recreate the look if they'd like to. Follow @yesterdaywasgreat for some stunning looks and information on how to create them.

13. 134 Tunes

Sam Schafer and Austin Busold are two colleges guys with two guitars and loads of talent. They recently decided to take their talents to Instagram, so follow @134tunes to hear some great music covers (and perhaps they might throw in a few originals as well).

14. Kelsey Wilson Photography

She captures portraits, weddings, and the insanely in love couples we all love to see while we scroll through our feeds. Kelsey Wilson creates stunning pictures and comes up with creative poses to make for the perfect finishing product. Her creativity shines through in every shot. Follow @kew.photography on Instagram for more.

15. Boz the Rapper

Boz the Rapper is an artist with lyrical flow based out of Tipp City. He's been to quite a few venues to perform, both in the area and out of it, so try to catch a show. Follow @boztherapper on Instagram for more information.

16. Hannah Keller Special Effects Make-Up

It's almost hard to believe that the picture above isn't real. Hannah Keller is an artist both talented in the realm of special effects make-up and fashionable make-up. These pictures focus on her passion for special effects make-up, a talent made for the movie screens. If you ever need some help pulling together a spooky costume, Hannah is definitely the person to call. Follow @hannahspecialfxmakeup for more crazy looks.

17. AJ Arch

AJ Arch is a guy with loads of talent creating music from the very beginning with countless hours of time and hard work. He is sure to perfect each sound and layer so that the finished product comes together nothing short of excellent. Check out his SoundCloud and one of his very first songs.

18. Trigga Tray

Trigga Tray, also known as Tray Thompson, is a rapper from Springfield who has started his beginnings on SoundCloud. He has already dropped one EP titled "Life Sucks", and is looking to drop a new one soon by the name of "937". Follow @traythompson22 for updates and check him out on SoundCloud.

At the end of the day, there are so many people in the world creating great content and they deserve all the applause in the world for their hard work and talent. It's important to support not only your local businesses but also your local artists. They can create just about anything you can imagine, and it means so much more to come from someone you or someone else knows in the community. Find your local artists and support their passions today! While you're at it, support these local artists as well. They more than deserve it!