How LKT Has Changed My Life

How LKT Has Changed My Life

Love you, brothers!
478

I remember eating at Sabrina’s Café in Collingswood, the next town over from mine. While enjoying my breakfast, I overhear the woman sitting next to me mention that she graduated from Towson. And I, being an excited, incoming freshman, told her that I was headed to the university in the fall.

We went on to briefly talk about the school, and it came up that I was planning on studying on studying film. And she told me that there was a “film fraternity” at Towson, called Lambda Kappa Tau.

And from that moment on, my life changed.

Naturally, being a devout film nerd, eager to meet new friends, I never forgot the name Lambda Kappa Tau. I went home and looked it up. It seemed like something I would be interested in, so when school started, I got all the info and attended all the interest events.

Then came outreach week. I met so many kind and friendly people who were just as passionate about film as me. Through all kinds of social events such as: movie night, game night, and eating lunch together, I found my people. I found the people I always wanted to be a part of. The type of people I’ve always wanted to be surrounded by. The type of people who share a common interest and support one another.

Soon enough workshop week shadow weeks rolled around. These weeks cemented my interest and comfort level in LKT. Before I knew it, I was made an official member of the Upsilon outreaching class. Initiation was one of the best nights of my college career thus far. I had become an official brother of LKT. It was as if I had made 50 new best friends that night.

I got a Big, or a brother that “adopted” me into his house. The concept of Bigs and Littles is a tradition in Greek societies. Particularly, my big became basically my resident best friend and big brother. Go Baroody!

I’ve been having a great time connecting with my brothers. I’ve grown so much in the past few months, and my brothers continue to grow with me. I’ve laughed with them, I’ve cried with them, I’ve worked with them, I’ve played with them. I’ve lived with them.

I continue to love LKT more and more everyday. And I look forward to all the memories we have yet to make. Because like the art of cinema itself, LKT continues to inspire me everyday.