The news media is making a circus of the fight the GOP is having with Liz Cheney. Yes, I agree these men are morons, and their fight to silence this woman is absurd, to say the least. Do they really think she will go away after she is removed from her ranking in the Republican party?
However, what really makes me angry and proves once again that the "good ole boy network" is alive and thriving is who they are replacing her with. Not with a qualified responsible, politically capable candidate, but a female no less that is going to let these good ole boys tell her how to dress, talk, and think. A whole lot like the "Me Too" movement happening in our nation's capital. Cue Roger Ailes, oh wait he isn't around to see his work in action. Maybe Tucker Carlson is enjoying this bit of sexism at its stupidest.
If you have read any of my articles, you understand I am not a big fan of the Republican Party. I can find fault in just about everything they stand for. I don't agree with their conservative nature, mainly because they only take it out and prance that ideology around when it is convenient for them. They don't believe in big government, but as we all witnessed in the last administration, no government at all is not governing.
Now let's talk about this issue of the "Big Lie." A news media phrase that will be in our history books for our grandchildren and their grandchildren to learn about. With the cult leader licking his wounds at Mar-A-Largo and the Make America Great Again movement a slogan for the insurrectionist that haven't been caught yet, the rest of the country is trying their very best to get healthy and back to being American again. The crap coming from the slogan is mind-numbing at best. Please stop the madness. Yes, he fed his base a lie and he perpetuated the story until most of his base believed him. And just like "Q", it will run its course, just wait, and see.
We really don't care if you don't like what the representatives in your party are saying to the media. We are all okay with Dr. Suess and Mr. Potato Head alterations. They don't have anything to do with governing. We hate that you began a "Cancel Culture" campaign against these issues. Yet are trying to cancel everything that isn't within the Trumpist-Republican party ideology.
We want to know if we have a job to go to. If our schools will be open next semester. When will it be safe to go to a restaurant, movie theater, or a concert? If the virus is being managed so we can enjoy our family and friends again. Its like watching your parents fight over custody while you are in the room. The worse part is neither parent really wants custody, they just don't want the other person to get the money, because the people involved in this don't care about the citizens they are supposed to be helping.
Then there is the sweeping under the rug of the insurrection on January 6th, 2021. Every time I hear or read a comment from the Republican party stating they didn't see anything criminal in this event, I get just a little more disappointed in human nature and less able to believe that the price of human lives for the sake of a political propaganda stunt is acceptable to this Republican party.
How can a man like Kevin McCarthy accuse Mr. Trump of being complicit in his actions that day and walk those comments back a week later? He was terrified just like the rest of the innocent politicians in the building. As well as every American watching this unfold in live time on their televisions, computers, and cell phones. I hate to say it, but I prefer listening to the Moscow Mitch go on about trying to stop the Democrats from passing laws than listening to the bullshit coming from Gaetz and Taylor-Green.
Wouldn't it had been nice if the census had reduced the number of politicians needed to govern us, so we could randomly eliminate those that have nothing better to do than travel the country picking fights with their fellow politicians. We spent the last two years hard at work to change the political makeup of our country only to have a few smears their mascara and put lipstick on their pet pigs.
- Trump impeachment: Republicans clash as Senate trial looms - BBC ... ›
- Liz Cheney could be 'toast' in fight with Donald Trump over GOP future ›
- Liz Cheney's problems pile up - POLITICO ›
- Liz Cheney could be 'toast' in fight with Donald Trump over ... ›
- Donald Trump backers didn't oust Liz Cheney but GOP civil war ... ›
- Cheney snags victories ahead of her next battle with Trumpworld ... ›
- Liz Cheney gets boost from McConnell amid divisive intraparty battle ... ›
- Cheney fight stokes cries of GOP double standard for women | TheHill ›
- Rep. Cheney gearing up for biggest political fight of her career ... ›
- Battle between Republican leaders Cheney and McCarthy reaching ... ›
- The Truth Is About to Set Liz Cheney Free - The New York Times ›
- Liz Cheney -Why being a Trump martyr could be good for her - BBC ... ›
- House Republicans Have Had Enough of Liz Cheney's Truth-Telling ... ›
- Liz Cheney Doubles Down On Trump Criticism Amid Political Fallout ... ›
- Purging Liz Cheney - WSJ ›
- Wyoming Rep. Liz Cheney: What Trump did 'is a line that cannot be ... ›
- Opinion | Liz Cheney op-ed: The GOP is at a turning point. History is ... ›
- Rep. Liz Cheney (@RepLizCheney) | Twitter ›
- Liz Cheney - Wikipedia ›
- Congresswoman Liz Cheney ›