10 Things I've Learned After Living In An Apartment For Three Weeks

I have graduated from dorm life and I did not come prepared.

20

Here's some things I've learned from living in an off-campus apartment for the first time.

1. I do not know how to cook.

I'm GREAT with a blender, toaster, and microwave...that's about it. There's a reason I only eat eggs when my boyfriend comes over.

2. When they suggest you bring curtains, it is more than a suggestion.

Sleeping in is out of the question until I get rid of all this natural light (a blessing during the day, really going to save us on electricity).

3. Living off of breakfast foods is not a sustainable lifestyle.

My main food groups are smoothies, protein bars, and Cheerios.

4. Apparently you're supposed to salt boiling water?

This still seems like fake news.

5. People my age don't need much sleep when they have caffeine.

I feel like I am sleeping an obnoxious amount compared to everyone else, but I can't handle caffeine if I get behind!

6. I am not old enough to live on my own.

Seriously, I miss my mom!!!

7. Potatoes and dates last a really long time.

Like scary long.

8. Meal planning is HARD.

I am far too concerned with my next snack, how am I supposed to know what I want to eat for dinner on FRIDAY?

9. Grocery lists cannot be kept mentally.

I swear I am always forgetting stuff.

10. I can never have a nice couch as I have spilled applesauce on ours at least twice just this week.

I am a child.

All jokes aside, I am doing alright and will eventually figure out how to make potatoes and buy some curtains.