Living In The Moment

Living In The Moment

Don't think about mistakes in the past and thoughts of the future. Live in the present and create memories.

2
Sabrina Miller

The past is a curious thing. Have you ever caught yourself dwelling over something you did or didn’t do? Have you done things that you wish you haven’t done, things that you are now regretting? What about the opportunities that were open to you, and you didn’t take them? We have all done things in the past that we are not proud of or we regret doing them. Why dwell over them now? It only makes us feel guiltier about what we did, maybe we feel as if the more we think about it, we could learn from it. Is that really the case though? I feel as if we do it because if we fix what we did in our past in our conscience, we will be able to free ourselves from the burden of what we have done. I will be the first to admit that I have done things that I am not proud of and at moments, I dwell and think about them over and over again. We all do it, it’s a human thing.

Normally, if we aren’t thinking about the past, we tend to think about the future. We fantasize about what waits ahead of us in life. Typically, we see ourselves in our dream job and have a perfect family. That is all great that you think about what lies ahead of you. Although, sometimes dreams change and it takes a while for a family. I like to think of life is like a roller coaster, it is full of ups and downs. The part that stinks is when you don’t know what life is going to throw at you next. It definitely has tricks up its sleeve. Even when you think that nothing is going to work out in your favor to get to the future you imagined, just remember the roller coaster has to lead somewhere. Possibly somewhere where you are much happier. Being open for opportunities is definitely crucial in a wild ride such as this one that you are on. Everything happens for a reason.

While we are dwelling over the past and dreaming of the future, something feels like it is missing, doesn’t it? Well, if yes was your answer, you are correct! You are missing the present! The present moment is the most important one. Memories are made, time spent with family and friends are priceless moments, etc. These are times that if you miss, can’t be regenerated at another time. Distinct details and fun moments are what makes life great! Why miss out on it? It’s the little things that are remembered that make life worth it. Yes, it is okay to think about the past and the future, but don’t forget to live in present times. This is the time to make those memories. It is a wild ride, so let’s hang on and have some fun!