Living An Abundant Life

Living An Abundant Life

I'm learning to live life to the fullest.

7
Living An Abundant Life

Like everyone else, I have difficulties and things I'd rather not have to deal with. I have situations to navigate, exams to take (yay for midterm season!), and issues to work through. It can all get overwhelming at times.

I can be pretty pessimistic, and I often find myself focusing on the parts of my life that are troubling me. Whether it's a health issue or a broken relationship or a stressful week, I'm typically preoccupied with whatever is not-so-good in my life. But that's no way to live.

Through my various issues and circumstances, the Lord is teaching me to live life abundantly. One of my favorite verses is John 10:10, which says, "The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full" (NIV). I've read this verse over and over again for the past few months, and it never ceases to amaze me.

Jesus offers us life "to the full," or, as other versions read, He enables us to live life "abundantly." I'm ashamed to admit that I usually don't live life to the full because I'm too worried about what's not perfect in my life rather than Who is perfect. Living life abundantly is hard, which is why we need Jesus to help us live to the full.

The words in John 10:10 remind us that there is always someone out there trying to steal, kill, and destroy anything good in our lives. No one can escape hardships and troubles on this earth. Everyone's going to have bad days and bad months, but Jesus provides the way for us to have a good life.

With Jesus, we can life live abundantly. I love the word "abundantly." Jesus doesn't want us to live life barely or moderately; He wants us to live abundantly. He doesn't want us to just go through the motions and just survive. Instead, He wants us to live a full, plentiful life.

He makes a way for us to live with peace and joy despite our circumstances, and He shows us how to be content even amid the trials of daily life. He gives us blessings and teaches us to focus on the good things in life rather than on the bad.

The various issues and troubles in life won't go away; they'll always be there. But with Jesus, I can work to live an abundant life – one that focuses on the blessings and on all of the good parts of life. Life is good, and I will live it abundantly.