This Summer, Make Sure To Take Some Time For Yourself And Live A Little

Some people see summer as a time to work and make money, and then they stress themselves out too much because they don't take time for themselves. Don't be one of those people.

42
Photo by Maria Tyutina on Pexels

We hear it from everyone: 'don't waste your life away,' or 'do things while you're young'. Well, we should all really listen to people who tell us this. If you are anything like me, you find it very hard to say no when people ask you for help or ask you to take on other tasks.

But, doing this burns you out and creates exhaustion like no other. For college students, summer is often time to get a job and make some money. Summer jobs are a great thing and help not only build your resume but you also get extra money. The only problem is, some people work too much. I am definitely one of those people and I know firsthand that it can get exhausting and time-consuming.

Don't forget that summer is also a time to have fun and relax.

Relaxing in the summer is vital because it rejuvenates you for the next semester of school. Working can stress you out more and by the time you get back to college, you will be burnt out and exhausted. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying don't work, I'm just saying that you need to give yourself a break here and there.

Don't cram 80 hour work weeks in. Take at least one day a week to do something you enjoy. Take the time you need to relax and enjoy your youth.

This could mean going on a trip, seeing old friends, or just doing activities that make you happy and that you enjoy! Whatever it is that you choose to do, make sure you are doing it for yourself and not because someone else wants you to. Take this time to do the things you will tell stories about when your old.

Go cliff jumping, rock climbing, read a new book series, take up a new hobby, or even do something as bold as travel to a place you've never been before. Do the things that make you happy and that you want to do. We only have one life so go live it. Don't stick yourself behind a desk for the rest of your life.