14 Ways To Make A Great Day

14 Ways To Make A Great Day

It's a great day to have a great day.

126
14 Ways To Make A Great Day
Unsplash

Sure, there are variations of how to have the BEST day. Think of this as a way to make an ordinary, boring day, exciting and full. Here are some of my own tips!

1. Wake up early

Nothing makes me feel less productive than sleeping in and feeling like I have wasted half of my day. Wake up and get going! I feel that I have so much more energy and truly embrace my day.

2. Drink three cups of water right away

And eat something early 15 minutes before you wake up. Your body just worked hard without you even knowing! The least you can do is nourish yourself! This will set the tone for your health for the rest of your day and will get your bodily functions going!

3. Listen to upbeat music, even in bad moods

It can be so easy to feel sad and automatically turn on that new Adele album and just wallow. Instead, I recommend listening to something fun that makes you feel good and alive! This will really help boost your mood.

4. Be proud of what enters your body each day

Eat Greens!!!! Don’t regret every food you ate when you have that “I overate stomach ache” at night. If you really want it, enjoy in moderation. Try balancing your food groups to gain the most out of your nutrients. It sounds cliche but think of your body as a temple, only let the very best enter.

5. Use kind words

Stop swearing, spread kindness, and drop the negativity. This goodness will radiate off of you and other people will be encouraged to act with love instead of anger and hate.

6. Give hugs

Share your happiness. There is nothing like a tight hug from someone you care about.

7. Call your mom/grandparent/relative

This alone can automatically make a bad day better. Catching up with someone you haven’t seen or spoken to in awhile, shows you the bigger picture. This will remind you of all the people with unconditional love for you!

8. Put your phone down

This generation is sad and everyone is guilty of being obsessed with their phone or spending too much time using it or even thinking about it. Many problems and emotions can come from receiving a disheartening text or seeing something negative on social media. Spend some time putting it away, noticing the present world, and enjoying your time with friends and family.

9. Adventure/explore

Do your hobby, go on a long walk, jump in a lake, or do something new and exciting! You deserve it.

10. Present/perfect

Think about all it took to get you where you are. Maybe not a perfect journey, but definitely a perfect outcome. I deal with the ideal of perfectionism and this quote has really helped me to focus on the beauty of the present, instead of worrying about how much better it could have been. Your life is perfect and you are perfect, just the way you are.

11. LAUGH

This one is self-explanatory but laugh hard and laugh often with the people that make you the happiest.

12. Don't wear shoes

A variation of “letting your hair down” to give yourself some freedom.

13. Don't get caught up on what you didn't do

The beauty of a day is it only lasts 24 hours and tomorrow there will be another chance to do more and do better.

14. BE GRATEFUL!!!

Most importantly, don’t forget to tell people that you love them, thank them for being in your life, thank God for all your blessings. Maybe even take a few moments of silent reflection or a short yoga video to ground yourself.

Next time you’re having an “eh” day, try incorporating some of these tips into your daily life!