Little Victories At GCU

Little Victories At GCU

Because it's the little things that get us through the week.

8
Little Victories At GCU
Alfies Studio

The last week of the semester is finally here! It is so crazy to think that we are already so close to Christmas break. For me, this is my first semester of college. It has literally flown by. However, we still have one more obstacle to face -- the dreaded finals week. Walking through campus you can tell that everyone is stressing out right now. You can see students studying everywhere. There were even students with laptops doing their homework at the basketball game against San Diego State University!

While stressing over finals is totally normal, it is important to remember that you will get through this. Grades do not make you who you are, and life will still go on after the semester ends. With that being said, I think it is good to think about all of the little victories we have in this life. These are the moments that we do not think about often, but are still great nonetheless. Here are some of my favorite little victories at our great school of GCU, and hopefully they will make you smile while you are cramming for finals.

1. When you press the elevator button, and the elevator opens up without waiting.

Even though this never happens to me, I feel so victorious when it does.

2. Finding a spot on first floor in the parking garage.

Pulling up to the Grove parking garage at midnight only to find that there is one spot that has not been claimed is the most satisfying feeling, let me tell you.

3. When there is no line at the food place you are going to.

Getting a chicken sandwich before the "after Chapel" lunch rush comes piling in makes that sandwich taste so much better.

4. Getting a good grade on a paper you thought you bombed.

Even though it is smart to work on essays ahead of time, doing the entire essay the night it's due just sounds much more gratifying. However, Dr. B's philosophy papers have nothing on me.

5. When the basketball team wins at home.

This is not a little victory per say, but can we just take a minute to recognize that we beat San Diego State at home?! SDS who? Lopes up!

6. When you get free stuff just for making an appearance somewhere.Do I always have the energy to go to the games? No. Am I always in the mood for the free t-shirts that they're handing out? Absolutely.

7. When your upstairs neighbors finally quiet down.

Do you have an antelope walking across your floor? Are you bowling up there? Whatever you are doing, I just love when the noise stops.

These are just a few of the little victories that I have experienced here at GCU. I'm sure there is many more, but these are the ones that happen to me on a weekly basis.

Good luck with finals, enjoy break, and be on the lookout for the little victories in your life.