10 Little Victories That Can Make Anyone's Day

When life is crazy, we rely on the little things to keep us going.

21
beacontn.org

There is so much in life that is out of our control. So many things happen that can completely ruin your day. We all rely on small victories to keep us going. They seem insignificant, but the little feeling of victory you get when even one thing goes your way can put a smile on your face for the rest of the day. Here is a list of some of those victories.

1. When you get two for the price of one.

There's nothing more rewarding than paying for a bag of chips or a candy bar from a vending machine and having a second one drop down for free.

2. When every last kernel is popped to perfection.

There's nothing worse than having a ton of kernels floating around at the bottom of the bag (except for finally popping them all, only to have half of them too burnt to eat). The middle ground is long sought after, rarely achieved and completely satisfying.

3. When you use the last of the shampoo and conditioner at the same time.

This may seem like a myth. You may be asking if that's even possible, but that's exactly why, when it happens, it will feel like the stars have aligned and you'll want to run right out and buy a lottery ticket.

4. When you find money in your pocket without expecting it.

Most of us know exactly how this feels. We shove a few bills into the pocket of an old sweatshirt or a favorite pair of jeans and forget about them. A few days or weeks later you put your hand in your pocket expecting nothing but pocket lining and come out with a handful of cash.

5. When you go to pay and happen to have the exact change.

You are going to get yourself some lunch, knowing that you're going to be cutting it close. You reach into your wallet, praying that you have enough, only to find that you have exactly enough. That's something that can make anyone feel like a million bucks.

6. When you're sharing with someone and the halves are identical.

Sharing a piece of food with a friend or sibling always comes down to the, "who gets the bigger piece" war. Even if one piece is bigger by a fraction of an inch, whoever gets the smaller piece will use it as leverage next time. That's why, when the time finally comes that both halves are exactly the same, everyone rejoices.

7. When you make it to the charger when you're phone is at 1 percent.

Rushing to a charger when you're phone hits 5 percent is something I'm sure we can all identify with. Getting there right as it dies in your hand feels like a personal loss. You were so close. But getting there and plugging in the phone seconds before the screen goes dark feels like saving a life.

8. When you wake up right before your alarm is set to go off.

Being jostled awake by a blaring alarm is no way to greet the morning. Waking up an hour or two before the alarm and trying to fall back into your peaceful state can also be pretty annoying. However, waking up seconds, or even minutes, before you have set the alarm to go off can leave you feeling both refreshed and accomplished.

9. When the light turns green before you come to a stop.

When driving, having to stop at every red light can get annoying. Seeing the light turn green right before putting your foot on the brake feels like the driving gods are smiling down on you for once.

10. When you catch something before it hits the ground.

You know when you start to drop something and then become a ninja for five seconds and catch it in some awesome way? Most of the time no one is around to notice, but either way, you know it's awesome.