Little Things You Can Do To Avoid A Breakdown

A list for the stressed.

11

Are you someone who is pressed for time?

Someone who needs a break, but knows that breaks are a myth?

Are you someone who needs little ways to make you happy in your busy life?

Look no further. These are little things you can do to make you less stressed and more ready to tackle the next obstacle.

1) Go to sleep earlier

If you have something you have to do before work or school and it's one in the morning, put it away. Go to bed. Set your alarm. Get up in the morning and get it done then. Your body needs to recharge and it will complete the task better when rested anyway.

2) Eat better

This is something you hear all the time, but might ignore because you're too broke or too busy to eat well. I understand that, but look for cheap and easy ways to eat well. Your body and your brain will function better that way.

3) Stretch before bed

This is a form of exercise and something to help you sleep better. If you are not a yoga person, then just stretch. It'll make your blood flow and make it easier to sleep.

4) Keep your space organized

A clear space helps you achieve a clear mind. It's more important than you think.

5) Make a list

Making lists is an efficient way to keep up with your busy life and to keep you sane. Write to-do lists when you get a chance in the day to show you how much you accomplish and to make sure you get it all done.

6) Take a nap

Even a 15 minute nap can be rejuvenating. If you have a chance and need one, take one.

7) Don't punish yourself

You might not get everything done that you wanted. So what? You forget it and get it done later. Stop punishing yourself because it won't help anything.

8) Treat yourself

Eat that ice cream. Buy that pair of leggings. You deserve it.

9) Limit social media

Social media is where people go to try to convince themselves that their life is perfect when no one's life is. Understand that and limit the consumption of the bullshit. You have enough to deal with.

10) Take vitamins

They'll help you avoid getting sick. Every little bit helps.

11) Love others

Loving others is a part of the human condition. Taking care of other people will help you relax and it will help you do things with your life other than be stressed out and stagnant.

12) Love yourself

You are enough. Stop thinking you're not. Stop thinking you don't do enough and that you're never going to get anywhere. Keep up the hard work. Better yourself. Remind yourself.

In the midst of your busy life, don't forget to take care of yourself.