It's The Little Things

It's The Little Things

Even though you don't notice them, they are everywhere.

5
It's The Little Things
Google

Being college students, our days are filled with constant activities and very little time for us to focus on ourselves. When we do have time for ourselves, you really notice the little things that you sometimes tend to over look. Even though they are little things, they can make a huge difference in your day.

A huge problem with our generation is that everybody is always focused on materialistic objects. Also everybody tends to believe that they need huge things to make them happy. We tend to disregard that the fact that non-materialistic objects can bring happiness.

Whether it is a smile from a stranger on your way to class or hearing the birds chirp on a sunny day, the little things matter. It could be going to a new Yoga class at seven in the morning to release all the stress that you have been experiencing. You might not realize it, but you can also impact someone's day with a smile on your way to class or by holding the door for someone. It could be going to Goodwill and buying a book for a dollar or getting your favorite meal for a discounted price.

The little things don't have to be activities. They can be certain characteristics of a person. Today, we tend to see the flashy parts of someone instead of more of who they are as a person. It could be the way that a person takes their coffee or the way they react to news. Genuine people are out there; trust me, they are. The little things that they do can make your day or can make you be a better person. Also, by acknowledging the person's little things you are building a stronger friendship with them.

It's the little things that help you live a better life. For example, drinking just a cup more of water can give you tons of energy and clear your skin. Waking up thirty minutes earlier (as hard as it might seem) will allow you to take more time to drink your morning tea or will give you more time to pick the perfect outfit. It could be as little as cleaning out your social media and all of it's negative vibes. It could be going for a walk on new trail and viewing scenery you haven't seen before.

Being so busy, we tend to not think about all the little things, such as people's spunky characteristics or the benefits of water and great weather. Next time you have a little bit of extra time, take some time to think about all the little things that impact your life and make it a little bit more special.