A List Of Things To Do When Life Gets You Down

Don't worry, be happy with these 10 things.

86

Sometimes life gets you down, and you may be feeling blue, but don't let it get the best of you! Check out these 10 things to do when you're feeling bad:

1. Rock out to music

Whether it be the song that you used to listen to as a middle school kid or the song that is crushing the Billboard top 100 chart right now, let yourself loose and be silly. Dance around to whatever song makes you happy!

2. Watch a sad movie

So this might be a surprise to some, and you may ask, why would I watch a sad movie if I'm sad? Well, sometimes watching a sad movie can make you realize how sad another person's life is compared to yours. It's a nice, temporary "get away from your reality card."Also, you can eat all the Ben and Jerry's you want!

3. Redecorate your room

You know you've thought about it, and putting your energy into redecorating can be a nice distraction!

4. Download a new app on your phone or computer

The App Store or Google Play are great places to find new apps for you to enjoy! Check out the most downloaded apps and you'll be well on your way to your newest time passer!

5. Play a game on your old PS2 (or some other old game you have)

Not only will this bring back memories to when you first played this game, but it'll be fun to see if you can be even better than you were when you first played!

6. Go for a drive by yourself or with a friend

Drives can be relaxing, especially with good music and maybe a good friend. Drive down roads you may have thought about driving down just to see what's down there. The adventurer in you will be glad you did!

7. Draw

Whether you use scratch paper, a kids coloring book, or an adult coloring book, take some time to just start with some art work. According to an adult coloring book I own, adult coloring has been proved to be beneficial for adults, generating wellness and quietness, as well as stimulating the brain in areas related to the senses and creativity!

8. Take a nap

Sometimes sleep is just all you need. Let your mind relax and open the door to your dreams to wander from your sadness.

9. Take a hike! (literally, though)

Go for a walk around your neighborhood or your local park, or actually go for a hike on the trails in your area! You never know what wonders you may come across or who you might meet on your walk.

10. Take a bunch of silly pictures of yourself

Be silly and take funny pictures of yourself! You can post them or you can just keep them for safe keeping. Let your silliness be live and well!

At the end of the day, you are awesome and don't let anyone tell you otherwise! Remember to be brave, be wild, and be kind to yourself, because you're worth more than what your sadness lets you on to be!