Life Is About Your Journey, Not Your Destination

Life is a highway. Everyone is going different places. So why care what others' think?
24

We are all on this crazy road called life.

There will be some pot holes we either swerve or fall in. There will be some rain and snow that can be tough to get through safely. There will be jerks that cut you off. There will be green lights that you just cruise through. But it is all about the journey, not the ending destination.

Your life is what you make it. You can be upset all day about that one jerk that flipped you off on the highway. You can be sad because it rained on your parade. You can be happy because the radio played your favorite song. You can just be content with the "me time" life gives you.

I know I enjoy it. I try to soak in every positive turn I take and forget the negative curves.

We are all going in our own directions. No one path is the same. We all have a different experience. Some days may be clear, bright, and smooth. Other days may be gloomy, clumsy, and rocky. You just gotta accept the bad days to get to the good. The good and bad news is, neither one will last forever.

Social media is a distraction. We can spend hours scrolling and scrolling.

We waste so much time focusing on other peoples' filtered lives. It's not worth the distraction as we are trying to get to where we are going. Put the phone away for awhile.

Everyone is going to have an opinion on how you live your life. They may tell you what is the norm. The norm may just be the status quo, the main stream. Just remember, it's your life, not theirs'. Here's a secret: If you live without caring what others' think, life is so much more fun.

Everyone is going to think their way is the only way. They are not always right. You don't need to stick to the main roads, sometimes it's nice to take a detour to "smell the flowers" and get a slice of pizza. You'll get to where you are going eventually. Don't let someone else make you feel pressured to rush through life.

Of course, I highly suggest following the laws for your safety and the others around you. Life is more memorable sober and, well, alive.

For godsake, just please use your blinkers so we are all on the same page.