Life Will Be Hard

Life Will Be Hard

And everyone's is.

161
Life Will Be Hard
Marta Bevacqua

Life will be hard.

You go through the movements. You fake a smile and act like you’re okay but surprise you’re not, and that’s okay. You cant be perfect and do everything right because you were not made to be perfect. You ask yourself why am I not as talented as she is? Why can't I look like her? Why did this happen to me? Because you are not perfect and never will be but guess what, that’s okay. Some thing’s need to be clarified:

You want to skip: Class, that pointless lecture, or a movie night? Don’t. Yeah, you’re gonna skip one or two, but don’t make it excessive because you are gonna get in class one day and have an important assignment due but it was that 8 AM and you just didn’t want to get out of bed. You are gonna have that lecture and hear from a friend that they said something life changing that was a wake-up call, and your friend can tell you but it won't be the same.

You are gonna have plans with friends, and then cancel, but you shouldn’t. Guess what? They just bonded and you weren’t there to bond and grow closer. You will want to skip things in life but each time you don’t force yourself to do what you don’t like you pass up on something that maybe you would have loved.

You think you’re ugly: You’re not and never will be. So what the boy you got those feelings for doesn’t tell you that you’re pretty when he’s told all of your friends. Well, guess what -- he’s stupid like most boys and this comes from someone with nine brothers. You feel the need to do a full face? Well, don’t because the older you get the more pointless it becomes. My 60-year-old father and 32-year-old brother saw my prom look full glow up and I loved it. Nothing wrong with loving it if you do, but they saw me and said I looked gorgeous and told me I was just as gorgeous without it. Now, I thought they were overprotective, but college hit and I realized girls here don’t wear a lot so I tried it. Less acne and I realized I loved it; I wanted to embrace me.

You cant take on the world -- or at least you can't take it on alone. Everyone needs people or a person whether it be your mother or a girl you met for two days and became best friends with. You can try to do everything alone but sometimes you will have a breakdown and need to run away from everyone. You need someone you can call at one in the morning in a Sonic parking lot because the friends you were with started to overwhelm you. You need someone to talk to when you realize how your world is collapsing, someone who will walk from their dorm to a rundown gazebo and sit in silence with a box of donuts and let you cry.

You lie: Every human does and if anyone says they don’t slap them in the back of the head. You can tell white lies or big ones, but the biggest you can tell is to yourself to stop. You will do it everyone does and to clarify its called denial which is you lying to yourself. It can be that you’re sick and need to miss class, it can be that you don’t need to study for that exam (enjoy that D), but worse it can be how you feel. You can tell yourself that you’re fine but be real are you?

Feel free to stop faking that smile every once in a while and find a nice abandoned gazebo of your own. Or you can lie about how you feel about someone. That girl you want to be best friends with and tell yourself she will change but know won't or the guy you accidentally fall for. Don’t lie. Accept the feelings. They help in the long run.

You won't learn: Here's the biggest wake-up call, learn. Everyone messes up. Congrats, you’re a human good job! Now do the next thing you as a person are suppose to do and learn to not touch the hot stove top again. We mess up. I mess up a good 100 times a day but it helps me grow no matter how much it all hurts and it does that, it hurts. I’m happy for the pain because it reminds me I don’t have to feel it again if I don’t want to. Life is gonna hit and its gonna hit hard so be sure to hit it back and harder.