Soundtrack to My Life

Soundtrack to My Life

Without music my life would be blank.

241
Soundtrack to My Life

Music is the best companion, and everyone has their own soundtrack. I know that I, personally, find songs all the time that correlate with whatever is going on in my life, and all of my friends use music to help them through the good and bad times.

This past week, I spent sometime scrolling through YouTube and finally, I stumbled on a video called "The Soundtrack to My Life" from Lucy Moon. Almost immediately, I had the idea to create an article that outlined my life, through music.

Being a HUGE fan of music, this tag video really caught my eye, but I didn't know how difficult it was going to be. For a fan and a musician to choose specific songs to put on a personal soundtrack is extremely hard.

The video itself has a bunch of categories and questions to follow, so I will answer these questions to the best of my ability, while putting my own twist on the list.

1. Song for When You're Sad

I'm sure we've all heard that everyone listens to sad songs when there sad. There's some kind of psychological quirk that makes us want to suffer more, so we purposefully listen to sad songs to make us more sad. Twisted, I know.

The first song I listen to is "Amsterdam" by Coldplay. Even though this is song is undeniably sad, I have a connection to it that makes me want to listen to it when I'm sad.

2. Your Wedding Song

The next song I found in 2014 from one of my favorite bands, Kodaline, and the thing that made me fall in love with this song is the music video and the sweet lyrics. The song itself describes the happiness and love that should be felt on a wedding day. I feel like this category always changes for me, so this was a pretty hard choice.

3. What song do you dance around the house to?

This song isn't that well-known, but it definitely makes me dance.

Honorable Mention: "24 K" by Bruno Mars

4. What song do you listen to when you're angry?

"My House" by PVRIS was introduced to me by my friend during my senior year of high school. I previously had a rough time with a boy and when I heard this song, I definitely felt angry, and it kind of fueled my anger and my frustration towards him.

Honorable Mention: "Another Me" by The Cab

5. What song will make you lose your mind at a party?

I feel like this is everyone's favorite song at the moment, but for some reason this is the song that will make me lose it at a party. Of course I have to mention that any any "throwback" song will make me lose it too.

6. Workout Song

This was a really hard decision because I love listening to music to workout to, but "You're Gonna Go Far, Kid" is definitely a consistent tune on all of my playlist and a great song to workout to.

Honorable Mention: "Bleed It Out" by Linkin Park

7. Song with the Most Memories Attached

This is by far the song with the most memories attached. This song is always played at the Mercyhurst hockey games and my friend - who was the OG fan of this song - made me like because she would literally freak out when it came on during the hockey games. Soon enough, it became on of my favorite songs to listen to, not just because it is a great song in general, but because of that memory.

8. Guilty Pleasure Song

"All Hands on Deck" is my guilty pleasure song, no doubt. It's always on, I don't know why I like it so much, it doesn't really fit with most of my music, but it's always on my playlist.

9. Song that Makes You Cry

This song came out in 2006, but it still makes me cry every time I hear it. I love it so much, but it's hard to listen to it because it makes me cry.

10. Favorite Song of ALL Time

Okay, so, this section I had to leave blank. I can't answer this because there's so many. Actually, all of these are my favorite songs in some way.

Music has a way of always being there and I find, that it helps people with there life. SO it doesn't matter what genre it is, or if it "fits your aesthetic" music should make you feel something and should really be a soundtrack to your life.

THE FULL SOUNDTRACK