Life's Simplest Pleasures

Bask in Some of life's 30 Most Simple Pleasures

Learn how to enjoy what life has to offer for free!

61
Leah Fryar

Sometimes it may seem like the only way you can find any enjoyment is if you have money to spend. Luckily, I was able to learn this is not always the case. Being a college student has allowed me the opportunity to enjoy what we sometimes refer to as the simple things in life while not having to break the bank at the same time. If you would like to enjoy life more without having to constantly spend money, here is a list of some of the best things that money cannot buy.

1. Taking your shoes off at the end of the day

2. Watching a sunrise or sunset

3. The smell of fresh air when you walk outside

4. Listening to your favorite song

5. Having your own dance party in your very own living room

6. Looking up and feeling the sunshine on your face

7. The smell of fresh flowers

8. Taking a nature hike

9. Hearing the sound of rain while going to sleep

10. Laying underneath a warm blanket on a crisp day

11. Seeing the leaves on trees change colors during the fall

12. Finding sea shells while walking on your favorite beach

13. Not being able to stop laughing

14. Seeing others around you happy and content

15. Giving or receiving compliments

16. Making someone else smile

17. Being able to sleep in on the weekends and not have to worry about an alarm clock

18. Calling your mom after a difficult day

19. The feeling of grass when walking outdoors barefoot

20. Driving with all your windows down on a beautiful day

21. Taking a relaxing bubble bath

22. Giving someone you love a hug

23. The feeling of waking up after a much needed nap in the afternoon

24. Doing a good deed for someone else

25. Climbing into your bed after just washing all of your sheets

26. Singing in the shower with no care in the world

27. The feeling after you just finished cleaning your living space

28. Seeing your pet excited when you walk in the front door

29. The feeling after finishing a long school or work project

30. Having family and friends who love you

Some of the items listed above may seem quite silly, but go ahead and take the time to show appreciation during or after experiencing various activities. Learning how to be more appreciative of everyday events can increase the overall value of your experiences and keep money in your wallet as well. Go ahead and begin basking in some of the cheapest and simplest pleasures that life has to offer!