17 Things That Should Be 'Life Resolutions' And Not 'New Year's Resolution'

Let every day be a 'New Year' of your life.

314
Mikaela Cok

Every 365 days approximately there are hundreds of people who come up with "New Years Resolutions" and it is true that these resolutions are a great thing to have, but the question is... why wait? Let these 17 things be a life resolution and live every day as a "New Year."

1. Be kinder... Always

Too often in this day in age, we have found more reasons than ever to stereotype, judge, and dislike one another. One of the biggest problems in this world is we simply forgot how to be kind and love one another.

2. Be healthier

There are very few things in life that you won't eventually lose, and one of those things is your body. Treasure it, love it, treat it as a masterpiece. Your body deserves to be loved and cared for, love it as your own.

3. Continue to grow closer with God

Although this may not apply to everyone... Those that it does apply to, this is one of the utmost important life resolutions to make. He is the reason for everything, and if you trust in him, put your life in his hands... Your life will change forever.

4. Laugh!

THIS IS A MUST! It simply is not a myth that laughter is the best medicine. Yes, you will experience pain, hurt, and sadness, but with a little (or a lot) of laughter a day, life will just seem better.

5. Spend money more wisely

This is a tough one, but a necessary one. Money revolves around most everything we do in life, so it is important to learn how to be more responsible with it, and spend it on things that you need, and things that matter.

6. Lose the Fake People

YEP! Life is too damn short to continue to let others walk all over you or make you feel like less of a person. Let them go! Anyone who lies to, hurts or makes you feel worthless in any way, walk away from them and NEVER look back.

7. Appreciate our home, Earth, more.

This is one thing we slack on all too often! Just sit back and think for a second how outstandingly amazing Earth is! From catching fireflies in the summer to watching the snow fall like crystals, or going on a vacation to the ocean. Earth is INCREDIBLE! Lets never forget to treat our home as amazing as she is.

8. Adventure/Travel more

Don't be afraid to take that trip, go for that 10-mile bike ride, or try new strange foods. One of the best things we have that's free in life is to simply walk outside, and wonder into what the world has to offer.

9. Value Learning Things More

It is true that school is not the most fun thing to do, but at the same time it is pretty awesome to have the opportunity to learn new things every day, not even in school, but simply by living every day.

10. Spend More Time On Your Hobbies

We are always in a hurry to get things done, and constantly running around we often forget to pick up on our old roots that are a true piece to our happiness. Play that piano, knit a new scarf, practice your free throws. Whatever it is, don't forget about it.

11. Give Time To Love Yourself

Without giving time to make yourself happy, how will you ever be able to truly make others happy, and be successful? It doesn't really add up, so remember to give time to appreciate you, and everything about your beautiful self.

12. Be Independent

Never learn to depend on others for happiness or support. It, unfortunately, is one of the worst things about being human is that we tend to disappoint each other, so learn to support yourself to help with the feeling of being let down.

13. Make more time for your friends, family, and loved ones

NOTICE!!! This one is SUPER important. There is no shame in staying in and playing board games or having a pizza night with the best people in your life. Those are the memories that will never leave you and 5 years down the road will still make you smile.

14. Drink More Water

As simple as it sounds, it is actually harder to do than most think, but water somehow has magical powers that help with sleeping, eating, exercise, energy, and, over all, the well being of your life. Drink up!

15. Do things out of your comfort zone

Can you imagine how boring life would be if you did the same thing every day? Yeah, no thanks! Get out there and do weird, new things. Go to a comic convention just because, or try a hair color you've always wanted too. Your life could turn into a whole different world with just one 30-second crazy decision.

16. Be YOU

DO NOT let social media or the 21st-century norms change you into something you don't want to be. If you want to rock an '80s hairstyle, go ahead. If you want to wear pink sneakers, do it! Don't let "social norms" change YOU!

17. Love The Life You Live

As cheesy as it may sound, or the hundreds of time you've heard it... Love your LIFE! Stand your ground, live a life of love, hold on to your beliefs. Live, live, live! This is your stage, sing your song as loud as you can!