It's Going To Be OK

It's Going To Be OK

The mantra that has never failed me.

103
It's Going To Be OK
Personal Image

When life gets you down and you don’t know what to do, we all have things we do in order to deal with the problems in our life. For me, I have experienced a lot of trauma and because of that, I lost a lot of my faith in the religion that I grew up in. Today, I more so see myself as a spiritual person, and for the most part rely more on my resilience and my strength than a higher power to get through difficult situations. One mantra that has stuck with me throughout the years is the phrase, “It’s going to be okay.”

Although this phrase is very simple on its face value, it has transformed into something very meaningful for me.

To me, this phrase acknowledges that yes, currently you are going through a hard time and it sucks. The pain and sadness are probably going to last a while and even when things may seem to get better, you may receive some discouraging setbacks.

However, through any problem having perspective on the situation as a whole can be helpful in healing. This phrase allows you to look beyond the current problems that you are in and understand that every problem has a solution and an end and you will get there eventually.

It may take days, months or even years to get out of the difficult situation that you are currently facing and the longer you are in it, the more it seems like it will never end. However, keeping your faith that in the end, things will get better and your life will move on to bigger and better things will allow you to continue to persevere through the hard times.

For me, my religious faith has not always been there for me in the way that I needed it to be. However, my faith in my resilience and this mantra has allowed me to get through some of the darkest and most stressful times in my life.

So, whatever you are dealing with, just know it will get better. You aren’t stuck; you just have to keep fighting and I promise, it is all going to be okay in due time.