Life lessons your cat teaches you

Even If You're A Dog Person, You Cannot Deny That Cats Do These 5 Things Better

Just hear me out on this one.

63

Growing up and into my early adulthood, I've always had dogs. So, its pretty obvious to say I am 100% a dog person and to this day will always prefer my fluffy, wet nose, tail wagging best friend to any other creature. So, believe me never in a million years did I ever think that I would own a cat, until one day my fiancé rescued a little black cat named Felix. Now here we are, three years later and I have to say, not only has having a cat actually made me love them (maybe even more than dogs) but, he's also taught me a couple of valuable life lessons.

1. Persistence is key.

You'll never get anything done unless you are constantly working for it. Keep working, don't stop fighting for what you want to get in life. For a person that may be graduating with a 4.0 GPA or keeping on track with your fitness goals. (Or If you're a cat, nagging your owner for an extra scoop of kibble). If you do it every day and never give up, your hard work will eventually pay off.

2.Live in the moment. 

Everyone today is always so distracted by what is going on either online or who is doing whatever someplace else. Cats, are just chill with what's going on at that given moment. If anything, I'd take this lesson of being in the moment to heart. Put your phone down, enjoy the company of those who are around you and bask in the here and now.

3.Cat nap. 

media.giphy.com

Unlike a dog, who is constantly looking for action, cats are more docile. Though I don't recommend taking 14-hour naps during the day, I think remembering to rest your mind and body each day, even if it's just for 15 minutes, is rejuvenating for the soul.

4.Be curious of new people, not trusting.

Scared Cat GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY Giphy

We as humans live in a world where people are always looking for a connection. We are seemingly all too trusting of those new around us, and unfortunately, more often than not we are left disappointed. Most cats represent the extroverted introvert, they go through life curious to make connections with people ( or other cats) but the key to their success is going in with caution. Only once you've really gotten to know and bonded the new people in your life are, should you be willing to fully trust them with anything of importance to you.

5."You time" is important.

Probably the most important lesson my cat has taught me is having time for myself. Sometimes, in this chaotic life, we often forget that just being alone for a few moments can actually be a good thing. Take five minutes to be in your own little corner or even take an entire weekend to pamper yourself. Make time to just be alone with your thoughts, it's an important way for you to learn more about who you are as a human being.

Hopefully, these couple of lessons make things a bit easier for you as you trudge along. Hell, maybe this has even made you consider adopting a cat. I mean, you never know what else you might learn. If not, for everything else life has to teach us, I think that's for us to learn on our own.