Weight Loss Is A Struggle

Life Isn’t Always Easy, But The Work IS Worth It

I knew that no matter what life threw at me, I still needed to push myself.

272

I have struggled with my weight for a while now, and the reasons for that are because I just gave up and didn't really care anymore because I would never be as skinny as my friends all are. Recently, I have changed a lot in my life. I have gained some confidence and I have bettered myself!

Since I have started this journey, I have been going on runs/walks and eating healthy. At first, it was hard for me to stop eating all the things I was used to eating on a daily basis. Okay, okay, okay, yes I still sometimes slip up and have an occasional day where I just need a snack, but it's okay because I know now how to control the cravings.

I have never felt comfortable enough to even think about showing my stomach a little bit - especially in the summer at a beach - but after all the hard work I have been putting in, I feel very confident in this bathing suit I just bought and it's all because I have been watching this one amazing woman's story!

She has inspired me so much to do what I am doing to better myself. She has been a big help between her Instagram story and her Facebook page just always being available for people to talk to.

Once she said to me, "Having faith and hope can keep you going during difficult times or even during your fitness journey when you don't feel like your body is changing but it is, just slowly." That's when I knew that no matter what life threw at me, I still needed to push myself.

She also told me that no matter what you do with your life, people are always going to judge you! I know that people are always going to judge me for my size, but I am not going to let them get me down. I am going to keep pushing and doing what I need to do.

By bettering myself, I have lost a total of 35 pounds! I have also experienced having more energy to do things and that eating fast food is terrible now that I barely do it! Honestly, the junk food just isn't worth it anymore!

With all this being said, it's not about what others think of you, it's about what you think of yourself! Who cares what others have to say? If you are happy, that's all that really matters!

As Confucius once said, "It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop."