Life As A Vegetarian

Life As A Vegetarian

Not as easy as it seems...or is it?

5
Life As A Vegetarian
Huffington Post

Let's get this clear, I'm not about to tell you that you need to convert or that meat is murder. My not eating meat is my own personal decision. It's not my place or anyone else to tell you what you can and cannot eat.

Now that I've said that, a lot of people need to understand that it's not your place what I should and should not eat. My body is my temple and I know what is best for it. Therefore your constant argument of "But... steak is so good! Bacon! Chicken tenders! OMG you're crazy!" is completely irrelevant.

Did you know the vegetarians have a lower chance of getting diabetes? Not only that, but they have a lower chance of getting cardiovascular diseases and strokes!

I'm not a vegetarian because I want the title or because it sounded cool. I do it because of my genetics. Having heart attacks, diabetes and high blood pressure run in my genes, so I needed to cut down on the meat in take anyways. Not only that but I educated myself and a lot of the brand named chicken companies treat them like trash, feeding them hormones, forcing them into small cages and viciously beating them.

I don't eat meat because I read studies, I watched documentaries, and quite frankly I just don't want to. I don't need to give you a million reasons when you abruptly put me on the spot as to why I don't eat meat. If I don't want to, I don't want to, simple as that. Plus, why are you so concerned with me not eating meat? That just means there's more for you.

It's really hard eating healthy in a country where everything is injected with chemicals, preservatives, salt and hormones. The most affected by this is, in fact, the meat. My solution? Stop eating it.

My body feels lighter, my mind feels no guilt, my skin has cleared up and my body runs more efficiently. Not only that but I was forced to explore new options for food. Us vegetarians know what we're doing, it's not just lettuce and more lettuce. There are so many more wonderful options out there than you'd think.

Don't get me wrong... to each their own. I'm not going to sit here and judge you for eating whatever makes you happy and keeps you nourished. I'm never going to tell you that you're a bad person for eating meat because there are some understandable reasons why humans should eat meat.

On the other hand, I respect you enough not to peer pressure you into not eating meat, please do me a favor and do the same for me. We all have different comfort zones and preferred habits and rituals in life. This is mine, yours is yours. But, if you're ever looking for some cool vegetarian recipes to try, I'm ya girl!