Motivational Quotes From One Tree Hill

23 Quotes From 'One Tree Hill' To Help You Get Through The Start Of Your Spring Semester

Just some moments where One Tree Hill offers the best life advice.

394
The CW

"One Tree Hill" was somewhat life-changing for many people. It was so relatable and yet so inspiring to conquer our dreams and find love and embrace who you are and who you want to be in the near future. You'd end an episode in tears or feeling entirely grateful for everything you have in life. Regardless, "One Tree Hill" impacted the lives of its viewers in more ways than one. Nine seasons later and 16 years since its premiere, "One Tree Hill" is still just as relevant, just as heart-warming. So here's to "One Tree Hill" and here's to the students that need some motivation with the start of their spring semester underway.

1.  "Live the life, live the dream, no fear."

2. “As we strain to grasp the things we desire, the things we think will make our lives better: money, popularity, fame… we ignore what truly matters, the simple things, like friendship, family, love. The things we probably already had.”

3. “It's the oldest story in the world. One day you're 17 planning for someday and then quietly, without you ever noticing, someday today. And then someday yesterday. And this is your life.”

4. “What's more important? What we become or how we become it?”

5. “It's hard when you miss people. But you know if you miss them, that means you're lucky. It means you had someone special in your life, someone worth missing.”

6. "Have you ever wondered what marks our time here? If one life can really make an impact on the world…or if the choices we make matter? I believe they do. And I believe that one man can change many lives. For better…or worse."

7. "Happiness comes in many forms — in the company of good friends, in the feeling you get when you make someone else’s dream come true, or in the promise of hope renewed. It's OK to let yourself be happy because you never know how fleeting that happiness might be."

8. “At this moment there are 6,470,818,671 people in the world. Some are running scared. Some are coming home. Some tell lies to make it through the day. Others are just now facing the truth. Some are evil men, at war with good. And some are good, struggling with evil. Six billion people in the world. Six billion souls. And sometimes — all you need is one.”

9. “I know you’re searching for things, Lucas. And I hope with all my heart that you find the answers to your questions. But the answers that you’re looking for are closer than you think. They’re in your heart. And in the hearts of those who love you.”

10. “There's no shame in being afraid. Hell, we're all afraid. What you gotta do is figure out what you're afraid of because when you put a face on it, you can beat it. Better yet, you can use it.”

11. “Imagine a future moment in your life where all your dreams come true, you know? It's the greatest moment of your life and you get to experience it with one person. Who's standing next to you?”

12. "But what are we waiting for? All we have is now. Don’t run from this."

13. "There are moments in our lives when we find ourselves at a crossroad, afraid, confused, without a roadmap. The choices we make in those moments can define the rest of our days. Of course when faced with the unknown, most of us prefer to turn around and go back."

14. "You know, you might wanna take a long hard look in the mirror. And see if the guy staring back at you is the kind of person you want to be."

15. “Life is too short to play games. If you love someone and want to be with them, then go get them. Deal with the mess later. You don’t know what tomorrow will bring.”

16. “Every song has a CODA, a final movement. Whether it fades out or crashes away. Every song ends. Is that any reason not to enjoy the music? The truth is, there is nothing to be afraid of. It’s just life.”

17. “I believe in true love, I believe in love at first sight, I believe love conquers all. That doesn’t mean there’s not gonna be hard days, difficult things to deal with because there will be. But finding that person who does it for you and knowing that that person loves you back, it makes everything so much easier.”

18. “If you had a friend you knew you’d never see again, what would you say? If you could do one last thing for someone you love, what would it be? Say it, do it, don’t wait. Nothing lasts forever.”

19. “When did we start letting boys dictate our happiness?”

20. “Most people are stronger than they know. They just forget to believe in it sometimes.”

21. "Every once in a while, people step up they rise above themselves sometimes they surprise you and sometimes they fall short. Life is funny sometimes. It can push pretty hard but if you look close enough, you can find hope in the words of children, in the bars of the song and in the eyes of someone you love. And if you’re lucky, if you’re the luckiest person on this entire planet, the person you love decides to love you back."

22. "That’s where they get you… thinking you got a choice. Love finds you, son. You don’t find love."

23. "It was a comet. The boy saw the comet and he felt as though his life had meaning. And when it went away, he waited his entire life for it to come back to him. It was more than just a comet because of what it brought to his life: direction, beauty, meaning. There are many who couldn’t understand, and sometimes he walked among them. But even in his darkest hours, he knew in his heart that someday it would return to him, and his world would be whole again… And his belief in God and love and art would be re-awakened in his heart. The boy saw the comet and suddenly his life had meaning."