To The West Virginia University Basketball Team I Still Believe In

This season may have come to an end, but the legacy hasn't.
2

Dear Mountaineers,

It's so hard to believe that this incredible season has come to a close after such an exciting tournament run. We've beaten teams they said we'd never beat, become the first team since 2011 to knock off the first and second ranked teams in the country, and continued to shock the nation with our insane "press." Not to mention, we went out of the tournament respectively, giving top ranked Gonzaga a complete and total run for their money.

Honestly, one of the biggest reasons I chose West Virginia in the first place was because I wanted to attend a basketball game as a student-- and a lot of them. I kid you not, WVU Basketball literally made a significant impact on my choice of college. The amount of tradition that surrounds this program is a part of what makes it so special.

Each of you team members represent our university so well and it makes me proud to call myself a student. We win with honor and respect to our opponent, and we lose with dignity and just as much respect to the team that defeated us. After watching the class you've all shown all season, regardless of the situation, I immediately realized why this team was so important to our school and the entire state.

If there's anything we are- it's underrated. This team could beat any other team on any given day, we truly have some of the best players in the country. You can say a lot about the team, but you can't say that they ever give up. Every single player on this team fights until the very last second with all that they have-- that's not something that most programs can say.

To our seniors, thank you. While it kills me that you won't be out there on the court next year to crush Kansas or Baylor once again, you're always a Mountaineer and Mountaineer Nation will support all of you in all of your future endeavors.

To the returning members: let's make 2018 one to remember. After all, a small setback means a big comeback is just around the corner, right? Go get that national title that you work literally every day of the year to earn. Make those announcers and analysts who seem to pick against us every time eat their words. Do it for all who played before you and all who will play after you. Most importantly, do it for the amazing coach that you're insanely lucky to play for who would sacrifice anything and do anything for all of you.

Coach Huggins, thank you for literally embodying what it means to be a Mountaineer and a West Virginian. The team and the fans are so thankful to have one of the greatest coaches who ever lived as a part of our university.

Thank you all for giving us a reason to cheer all season, all of the excitement in this year's tournament, and most importantly: thank you for making us so proud to be Mountaineers.

This is only the beginning for us.

Let's go.