Dear Mr. "President"

Dear Mr. "President"

Let's be united in times other than hard ones...
96

Dear Mr. Trump,

My name is Jaraya Johnson, I'm a 20 year old African American woman, studying at Winthrop University. African American woman... getting an education. I'm going to be working closely with males with the same degree and one day, I will be in charge of those men. Why? Because women can do that, women can be in charge of men and we don't need men to help get us there.

But let's talk about you. When you became president, I had no choice but to give you a chance, give you the benefit of the doubt because hey, maybe someone saw something in you that strikes you as a good leader. At first, I was like "okay, we can give this a chance, his campaign was just for show, to get votes, but not it'll be better". You were okay at first, then you started scaring me again. The wall, the immigration laws, the transgender laws, the national beef we picked with Korea, I'm scared again. But when I saw that you actually passed these laws, most recently, the law about immigration and DACA repeal, it made me physically sick.

Please help me understand your thought process when you decide to pass the laws and these rules or when you approve these repeals.

I'm not doing this to bash you, though I could seeing as it's my right, but I'm just confused. You say you want to make America great again but you have been in the White House for almost a year and I have yet to see things get better or "great".

The only time I see people of different races and cultures bond together and genuinely mean it is during a natural disaster. During the hurricanes this season, members of different backgrounds helped each other and saved each other's lives. THAT, sir, is what makes America great. The fact that we have the ability to put our "pride" aside to figured out what's right.

You, on the other hand, and some of your supporters, are not like that. Mr. President, I've seen instances where people are laying dying in a hospital bed refusing medical care from someone of the opposite sex and/or race. Now that's ludicrous.

How many people have to die? How many things have to go wrong for all of us to realize that despite the color of our skin, the clothes on our backs, shoes on our feet, or the people we hang with, we all bleed red and we all live in this country? The United States. So when are we going to begin to show unity? When are you going to push the issue of this? When are you going to take a stand and show us what unity is so we can make the next step in making America great? When are we going to work together as a real team?

So, sir, the ball is in your court. What's next?