A Letter To The Person Asking "Why Me?"

A Letter To The Person Asking "Why Me?"

What you’re feeling is overwhelming to say the least.

320
A Letter To The Person Asking "Why Me?"
Anna Evenosky

Dear _______,

I understand times are hard right now, in fact, it feels as if your world is coming down on you. You feel as if you’­re stuck in a storm and no matter where you go or what you do, all your problems will still be there pouring down on you. You feel helpless; you don’t think there is any shot of you seeing a rainbow when the storm is over. In fact, you don’t believe the storm will ever blow over. ­Whether school, relationships, friends, family, work, your health, etc. is leaving you thinking your life is seemingly falling apart right in front of your eyes, please reconsider what you are thinking and begin questioning if these are “realistic” thoughts.

So often when life throws us a bump in the road, we get wrapped up in those feelings that can be very debilitating to our well-being. We begin to have unrealistic thoughts that ultimately lead us into a downward spiral. Life isn’t always fair and dealing with so many things going wrong all at once creates the perfect storm. Although, please don’t blame yourself. We all have been through it and no matter how alone you feel, I promise you’re not.

What you’re feeling is overwhelming to say the least, and I’m sure you don’t need me telling you that to realize this. Do me a favor, and think back to a time when you felt equally as bad, or think of a time when your conscience whispered to you “I don’t know how to handle this, I have never been so upset and at such a loss before” Now look, look where you are today. You made it out, didn’t you? Nobody said it was easy back when you had to maneuver your way out of that storm, but you did it. You are a stronger person than before, and the skills and drive to feel better still lies within you. Believe it or not, I’m here to tell you that you can do it all over again.

Sometimes, as much as you aspire to have an explanation to answer the question “Why me?” you must stop wasting your time. Yes, you are wasting your time. You will never know the answer to that question and life is way too short to be stumped upon the unknown. Don’t waste another precious second of this beautiful life we live in. Tackle everything that has been creating that storm that you can’t seem to escape. Use your frustration and anger to prove to yourself that you are better and by far stronger than what has been bringing you down.

Tackle the storm one situation at a time. With every situation resolved, you are one step closer to that cheerful, untroubled, free you that you feel as if you have lost. Stop letting this storm trap you in your house. You can do it and with every situation you face, and every skill you learn, fighting for your happiness will come more naturally.

Please do yourself this favor. It may take time but it’ll be worth the fight. That fight that is going to give you the peace of mind that you have been missing for so long. Dismiss that “Why me?” question. Instead tell yourself “Yes me” this is the life I was given to live, and I was given it because I am strong enough to live it.

Prove to those people who got you down and wanted to see you fall that you are stronger than that. That toxic relationship that has had you at a loss, know the happiness that will come to you when you leave it. The toxic friend who walked out of your life, know that they didn’t deserve to have you in theirs anyway. The stress and unfairness that comes with school and work, just try your best, that is all one can do. Your family who may be getting on your nerves or upsetting you, know that they will always love you and wouldn’t trade you for the world. Your health that is taking a turn for the worse or causing you endless problems, know that it is turning you into one hell of a strong person. Give yourself the credit you deserve. Please stop wondering why me and instead tell yourself yes me and I can do it, you won’t regret it.

Sincerely,

Someone who knows exactly what you’re going through