A Letter to the Guy Who Thought He Could Play Me

Life is about choices sir and you chose the immature answer, both of us.
33

Every now and then a girl finds herself in a spot where she realizes that the guy she's talking to may be playing her. My moment of realization came when I overheard two girls talking about how the guy I had been talking to had a girlfriend back at school. After confronting him about it and him denying the validity of it, I decided to do some research and found that he did indeed have a girlfriend for at least part of the time we had been "committed to talking to only each other," so this open letter is not only for him but also for all the other guys who have played girls.

To the guy who thought he could play me,

I bet you thought I wouldn't find out about this, did you? I bet you thought that you could continue having your cake and eating it too. Except thats not the way the world works sir, and I'm sorry to be the one to tell you that. Life is about choices, where to live, what to have for dinner, and who you decide to get into a relationship with. And I understand your struggle, I truly do, because I too am also an indecisive person. I'm the last person to decide on something but unlike you, I eventually make a choice. You had two choices, A or B, and you chose answer C, both of us.

Except thats not exactly fair is it sir. That choice isn't fair to me, its certainly not fair to the other girl, and its also not fair to you. Its not fair to me because I deserve to be with someone who wants to be with me and only me. I deserve someone who wants to give me all of their attention, not just 50% of it. And most importantly I deserve someone who wouldn't blink an eye about cheating. Its also not fair to your girlfriend because this poor girl has no idea of the kind of person you truly are. She doesn't know the words you've told me or the pictures you've sent me. She doesn't know the kind of person you truly are. And lastly this isn't fair to you either sir. You deserve to have the maturity and respect it takes to make a commitment to one person. Because choosing to have both of us in your life is choosing to take the immature route of just not choosing at all.

And until you find that sense of respect and maturity I feel bad for the other girls you get involved with in your life. Because quite frankly, I'm done and over it. I'm moving on to someone who wants me, all of me.

Sincerely,

The "other girl" who finally learned the truth